Chapter 19 : Don't Go

4 Days Later, Second-to-last day of the Training Camp

"Yukimura-san! I'm so glad that you were able to make it! All the cuties were looking forward to seeing you again."

"Tsukishiro-san, I see that you're the same as ever. You always did have a strange definition of the word 'cute'"

"Ohohoho, and whatever could you mean by that Yukimura-san?"

Despite having the same eye smile as always, Tsukishiro rested her tilted face alongside one of her left palm as if daring Yukimura to challenge her on the topic of her 'cuties' leading to a sweatdrop from the young man who concluded it would be prudent to back off now.

"Soooo"

Turning to face the Eisei, Hakuren and Raimon members who had gathered around him, Yukimura gave a confident smile before resting his hands inside his pockets and speaking.

"As I was saying earlier, if I think you're interesting, I'll be checking in individually with certain players during their training today. If I don't come up to you, don't bother seeking me out. It means I wasn't interested in your plays."

Hearing the strict and concise message from the navy blue-haired man, everyone nodded their heads in understanding while some clenched their fists determined to catch Yukimura's eye, others decided to just hope for the best and pray while others gave up right away and decided it would be best to just continue their individual training as usual.

Clap Clap

Turning their heads before they could disperse, the crowd of players looked over at where the clapping had originated from and saw the 3 coaches : Aphrodi, Saginuma and Oshiya Manabe. With arms folded in front of him, Aphrodi then raised his right hand to silence the gathered teams and began to speak.

"Alright, I know everyone is excited that Yukimura-san is here today but don't forget that tomorrow will be the last day of the training camp so make sure to do your best today and practice so you leave no regrets! After discussing it with the other coaches, there will be one more practice match between Raimon and Hakuren tomorrow to end the training camp that we expect everyone to be at. This is your last chance to power up before the Holy Road Finals begin so work hard everyone!"

"Hai!"

Letting out a resoundant cry of affirmation upon hearing the reminder that the Holy Road Finals were beginning soon, the gathered players set off to practise with renewed focus and determination. Satisfied with the looks he saw, Aphrodi walked over to Yukimura who was doing some stretches on the side of the field in an easy-going manner.

"Congrats, I saw the news. You'll be playing for Borussia Dortmund correct? That's quite an achievement for someone of your age."

"Thanks Aphrodi-san, but I couldn't just let Tenma be the only one to go Pro after all. He's a year younger than me but it seems like we'll be getting news he'll be playing for River Plate F.C any day now."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that Yukimura-san"

"Nani?!"

Tapping his chin in amusement, Aphrodi didn't want to spoil the surprise so he kept his lips sealed despite Yukimura's persistent pestering, until the younger player finally gave up and headed off to check on the teams. Thanks in part to Aphrodi's planning, his team, Paris Saint-Germaine F.C, would be the ones scooping up Matsukaze Tenma and Hakuryuu from the Youth League much to the chagrin of Endou and Kidou who had wanted to scout out the two players as well for Inter Milan FC and Bayern Munchen respectively.

Well...they shouldn't mind conceding him this, considering he was doing them a favour by coaching the Raimon team during his long awaited break after all. Letting out a small laugh to himself, Aphrodi went over to check on the Raimon members while the other two coaches did the same with their own teams.