Part 1 Epilogue (2/2)

Knock Knock Knock

"Yuka?"

Fixing his dark complexion, Yuka responded to his mother's voice with a relaxed tone in his voice.

"Yeah, mom?"

Peering into his room, Yuka's mother cautiously looked at her son, knowing he had been in a rather poor mood as of late. Widening the door, upon seeing Yuka calmly sitting on his bed with a tranquil expression on his face, she beckoned him with her hand and told him,

"Come on down honey, one of your friends is waiting for you downstairs. It's not good manners to keep a guest waiting."

Under his mother's gaze, Yuka made sure not to show his displeasure and instead nodded lightly at her words but as his mother headed back down the stairs his face darkened as he began to wonder who was waiting for him downstairs. The Raimon team had already left for their training camp with Hakuren and Eisei Gakeun and he had yet to tell any of his classmates his address...

Getting up from the edge of his bed, Yuka decided to head down the stairs but stopped motionlessly as he saw a tall boy with a composed figure sitting casually at the dining table with his parents over tea and mochi snacks as if he had visited many times before. Giving the older boy a quick scan, Yuka understood why his parents had gotten so comfortable and so quickly at that. With spiky, pink hair and sharp, grey eyes, he had a handsome outer appearance that suited his gentle demeanour but unlike his parents, Yuka wasn't so easily fooled.

Sitting down across from the older boy, Yuka motioned for his parents to leave the two alone, meaning the two boys were now silently staring at each other in the dining room. Despite the affable smile on the pink-haired boy's face, Yuka could sense a powerful and malicious spirit hiding within him that radiated palpable spite and malevolence. Though it would be considered toxic to most people, rather than feeling uncomfortable, Yuka could sense his own darkness rise up in response to the dark energy as the two auras being released, clashed and sparked in the room.

"....."

"....."

The pink-haired boy finally gave a satisfied smile at this and recalled his aura before breaking the tense silence,

"Do you want to play soccer Fukunaga-kun?"

"....."

Upon hearing the other boy's words, Yuka gave him a look of suspicion while remaining silent.
However, seeing that the other boy had no intention of speaking until he gave a response, Yuka instead spat back,

"I don't even know who you are so why don't you stop pretending like you know a damn thing about me."

"Oh! My apologies, how rude of me."

Despite apologising with his words, Yuka didn't sense a single trace of sincerity from the other boy who had a sh*t-eating grin on his face that gave Yuka an unpleasant feeling in his stomach.

"My name is Nosaka Yuuma and I'm the captain of the Outei Tsukinomiya team. I'm sure you've heard of us, haven't you Fukunaga-kun? Well, after some consideration, I decided you'd be a perfect fit for our team and so what else was there to do but to scout you out? After all, it's not like Raimon is a team that could properly utilise someone with your potential but I think you already know that, don't you?"

Snorting, Yuka looked down before slamming his hands on the table beneath him while exuding a hostile air that almost reached a murderous degree.

"Are you mocking me right now? If so, I'll give you 3 seconds to get the hell out of my house!"

"What, me? I can assure you that I'm speaking from the very bottom of my heart Fukunaga-kun. I'm a bit hurt that you could misconstrue my intentions so maliciously."