Chapter 26 : The Distant Summit

Boom Boom Boom

[HELLLLOOOOOOO SOCCER FANS!!!]

CHEER CHEER CHEER

[WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TO THE 2XXX HOLY ROAD FINALS WHERE THE TOP 8 TEAMS IN JAPAN HAVE GATHERED ON ONE FIELD TO DECIDE WHO THE STRONGEST JR.HIGH TEAM IS IN THE NATIONNN!!!]

CHEER CHEER CHEER

[IT'S FINALLY THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALLLLL BEEN WAITING FOR!! WITS, SKILLS, STRENGTH AND LUCK WILL BE NEEDED AS THEY FIGHT TOE-TO-TOE IN MATCHES THAT WILL HAVE YOU AT THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT!!]

[AND NOW...]

[I AM PROUD TO INTRODUCE OUR EIGHTTTT FINALISTS!!!]

RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE

[FIRST UPPP...THE BLOCK A VICTORS...THE TERRIFYING MASTERS OF THE 'DARK KESHINS'. ONE OF THE THREE REMAINING, UNDEFEATED TEAMS IN THE TOURNAMENT, THEIR NAME HAS CAST A HAUNTING SHADOW ON THE SOCCER WORLD AFTER DEFEATING THE SPANISH NATIONAL TEAM 'RED MATADOR'...

OUTEI TSUKINOMIYA!!!]

Turning around in the hallway leading up to the field, Nosaka sucked in a deep breath that only Haizaki could hear.

He wasn't nervous.

It was the moment he and Haizaki had been preparing for a year now. Everything they did was for soccer's sake...

There was no reason to be nervous, he repeated to himself...

If they had even the slightest trace of hesitation they would never be able to win against them. Shuddering at the memory, Nosaka's fingers began to dig into his palm and he made eye contact with Haizaki quickly before turning his blank, grey eyes to the rest of the team he had gathered so diligently.

This was the team that he was betting everything on. If this didn't work...

Nosaka closed his eyes and shook himself free from the grasp of his self-doubt, then smirking he raised his right hand and the eleven Outei Tsukinomiya members walked onto the field to the sounds of cheering and booming fireworks.

[NEXT UP ARE THE RUNNER-UPS FROM BLOCK A, THE MIGHTY GODS OF ZEUS ACADEMY!!! WILL THEY BE ABLE TO SECURE REVENGE AGAINST OUTEI OR WILL THEY FALL FROM THE HEAVENS ONCE MORE??]

Khronoa, who was standing in the middle of the Zeus lineup, looked up upon hearing the announcer declare their school's name. Holding her hands in a triangle in what appeared to be a praying position, she attempted to find mental tranquillity amidst the overwhelming noises of the stadium.

It was too late however, and she found herself seconds later swept up with her other team members, waving to their fans from the field.

[THE VICTORS OF BLOCK B, 'THE GUARDIANS OF THE NORTH', HAKUREN JR.HIGH!! KNOWN FOR THEIR IMPREGNABLE DEFENCE THEY HAVE YET TO LET A SINGLE GOAL THROUGH IN THE PRELIMINARIES...BUT WILL THEY BE ABLE TO KEEP UP THIS STREAK IN THE NATIONAL FINALS??]

Jumping up and down like a bird leaving the nest for its first flight, Tsukishiro rounded up the members before having them waddle behind her as she led them onto the field with a bubbly smile that showed no sign of stress or apprehension, even stopping to pose for the reporters while making sure show off Hakuren's sponsors. 

[The runner-ups of Block B, Dragonlink!]

"WAIT??? That's it??"

The captain of Dragonlink, Kotaro Yamamoto, hearing the lacklustre build-up for their entrance, became an unconsolable puddle of tears and was dragged onto the field by his teammates.