006 𝑹𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒚𝒄𝒍𝒆

Friday, 4:40 P

Friday, 4:40 P.M.

YOU WERE REALLY ANNOYED WITH MIKASA. AT THIS POINT, YOU FELT LIKE SHE WAS PLAYING WITH YOU-

Not only was she rude in class earlier, but she kept shooting you dirty looks every time you made eye contact with her or something.

After your gala on Tuesday, she was nice to you and she smiled often whenever you were around. Pride swelled up in your chest but then it immediately vanished when she started to suddenly act rude today for absolutely no reason.

You were sure Pieck had said something to her but that thought was crossed out when you confronted her and she had an alibi with her. At this point, you were really considering the thought of her being bipolar.

And it didn't help that today was your birthday, the thought of her acting this way towards you on your birthday only made the feeling of hurt and annoyance increase drastically.

Letting out a little sigh, you leaned forward and blew out the candles on your cake just as your parents and Jean's parents clapped and cheered. Your parents had decided to stay for a while, unfortunately for you.

And since today is your birthday, they organized a family dinner for you and invited Pieck-your father's idea since he wants you to keep your word on creating a deep bond with her before marrying.

Jean's father lifted up a glass of champagne and looked at you with pride, "A toast to the birthday girl, Y/n."

"Thanks." You faked a smile and clashed drinks with him as the rest of the family did the same. You made eye contact with Pieck and noticed the underline concern in her eyes. You didn't acknowledge the look and turned to Jean's dad who took out a bag.

"I have a little something for the birthday girl." He announced, setting the bag in front of you.

You nodded in thanks and took out a little box from inside the bag. Slowly opening it, you blinked at the sight of-what looks like an expensive watch.

"So?" Jean's dad asked, smiling at you. "Your birthday is the perfect occasion to start a watch collection, like me and your father. Have you seen it?"

"Or a necklace collection, like me." Jean's mother added.

"Uh, no, I don't think I've seen it." You answered, grinning at the two in appreciation.

"Well, I'll show you some day." He then lifted up his hand and there was a brown leathered watch on his wrist. "Look, Y/n. Always with me. Isn't that right, François?"