50.

Maheen could hear the soft shuffle of footsteps as she stirred in her sleep.
The patted the space around to find it empty.

Opening her eyes slowly she welcomed the wonderful site of her shirtless husband in his training clothes.

"Where do you think you are going ?" Maheen asked in her groggy voice.

"Good morning Maheen." Aditya said walking towards her and placed his palm on her cheek and pecked her forehead.

Maheen smiled at the small but affectionate gesture. How could she not love this man.

"Don't try to distract me. You aren't going anywhere." Maheen said pulling him towards herself in the bed.

"Wow slow down my queen." Aditya said with a smirk. "I haven't recovered to go all the way, I was hoping yesterday's activity in the bathroom would be enough to-."

"Adi stop." Maheen said placing her palm on his mouth, turning red and hot.

Aditya pried her hand off his mouth and laughed, kissing her palm.

"I haven't started yet." He said and Maheen turned redder.

"Kaha ja rahe thay aap ?" (Where were you going?)

"Agni may not get rusty but I am, I've been asleep for way too long and it's time I start working out again."

"Not today." Maheen said placing her head on his chest as she lay in his arms on their bed.

"But Mahe-."

"Shh." She silenced him. "Not today." She said looking up through her lashes at him.

"Not today." He said locking her in his arms.

"As much as I'd love to stay here and never get up, I have to get ready for the pooja. It's almost dawn." Maheen said wriggling out of his hold.

"Ah Maheen why do you.. go." He said releasing her from his hold. "I too should get ready for the pooja then."

•••

As the doors of the bedroom to the king and queens chamber opened, the figure of Aditya walking out has made a lot of heads shoot up.

As they walked towards the courtyard Maheen stopped in the middle abruptly.

"Why did you stop." Aditya asked as he looked at Maheen.

"I have to go back to the chamber, I've forgotten something." She said touching her forehead.

"What ?" Aditya asked and Maheen just looked at him and smiled.

"Aap aage chalen, I'll be right back." (You move forward.)

"What did you forget." Aditya asked as she turned around and walked.

"Humare kangan." (My bangles)

Aditya smiled and shook his head. His wife was something.

He contemplated if he should go along with Maheen or to the temple as it was almost time to start the pooja and he really wanted to see his family after hours of sleep.

Aditya walked towards the temple, the sun had just peaked out from the mountains and the rays fell upon the structure of the temple bathing it in hues of yellow.

Aditya raised his hand and rung the bell, taking his right foot and entering the temple.

As he entered everyone turned around at the sound of the bell to receive a pleasant shock.

"Bhai ?" Mohini squeaked. "Bhai." She ran towards him and rammed herself into Aditya's arms.

"Bhaisa ? How ? Are you ... when ?" Dev was left rambling as he too moved towards his brother and joined his siblings in the hug.