Lifetime bestie - HiyYoung

Normal POV

Just as Youngeun was focusing on the lecturer, she felt her seat mate aka her best friend nudged her.

"What?" Youngeun softly hissed to the slightly older girl beside her.
"Let's go to the movie after class. My treat." Hiyyih replied cheerfully not forgetting to add her Barbie smile.

*Here we go again, that smile.* Youngeun thought to herself.
And again she was mesmerized by the girl like someone cursing a spell on her.

"I knew that you're rich and all. But do you really have to rub in on my face like this?"
Youngeun said follow by a light chuckled as they were walking their way out of class.

"Wae? Can't I just treat my best friend?"
"You acted like my sugar mommy sometimes. Buying and giving me stuffs with no specific reason." Youngeun said and tap Hiyyih's cheek lightly.

"Really? Then be my baby." Hiyyih replied with a playful smirk while Youngeun just shaking her head lightly getting use with her so called best friend.

The two continue to walk while Hiyyih clinging her arm with the younger, enjoying the comfortable silent and beautiful scenery surrounded them.

"Hiyyih!" Just as they were reaching a Café near their school, someone called for Hiyyih.

Someone who goes by the name Eunchae. She was just walked out from the cafe when she saw her club-mate and call for her.

"Ohhh, Eunchae-ah. What are you doing here?"

Being her natural friendly self, Hiyyih engaged in a conversation with Eunchae for a while, leaving Youngeun standing at the side nearby and observed the scene before her eyes.

Youngeun frowned when she saw Eunchae raised her hands to tuck Hiyyih's hair behind her ear and tapped her best friend's cheek with a loving smile.

*What's this feeling?* Youngeun used her hand to fell her left chest where her heart was when she felt a sudden pang.

After feel like a thousand years has passed, Hiyyih bid Eunchae goodbye and walked back to Youngeun.

Hiyyih was about to hold Youngeun's hand when Youngeun suddenly fasten her pace and walked ahead of her.

The walk to the movie theater was dead quiet. The shivering silent not the usual comfortable one like always. Hiyyih tried to chit-chat but Youngeun only gave her small response.

Even in the movie hall, Youngeun was just focus on the screen not sparing a glance to Hiyyih.

Hiyyih pouted sadly to herself and continued the movie but her mind was wandering around to find the answer to why Youngeun was suddenly acted cold toward her.

The temperature in the hall suddenly went down and got too chill. With an instant, Hiyyih felt goosebump all over her body. She tried rubbing her arms to ease the coldness.

Noticing the shakiness from Hiyyih, Youngeun took off her jacket and gently putting it over the shiver girl. Hiyyih just gave her the most adorable gummy smile.

Releasing a deep sigh, Youngeun wrapped her arm around Hiyyih's shoulder and pulled the girl closer.

*I can't ignore you that long.* Youngeun thought to herself.
*Is she okay now?* Hiyyih smile with the thought.

"Gomawo, Youngeun oppa." Hiyyih said with a teasing tone.

Well, calling Youngeun oppa was just her way to show that she admire the younger girl more than she should.

"Next time, bring your own jacket." Youngeun said with her plain voice but deep down both of them know that she didn't mean it.

The two finished the movie and continue their date at the food stall nearby before Youngeun dropped Hiyyih home and called it a day.

Well, sometimes being best friend is much better than being in relationship. Like that, you wouldn't need to deal with quarrels and broke up if you date.

**********
W/N
It has been a while and this also was in my draft for while.
I keep rethink if I should update this chapter knowing that they're so rare but then the chapter's pic got release so I gave it a try. *thank to fansite-nim for the pic*

And the chapter title was inspired by YE, she used the term "평생 친구: life time friend" in her bd msg for Hiyyih.

I'll try my best and update more often.
Hope there's still ppl around for this story.

Thank you always~
Stay safe my lovely.