Chapter 6

"Ok guys, we have the final schedule for Boxing Day, and before we go on holidays, we need to decide who will do each game. We have two big ones, Chelsea-City and Tottenham-Arsenal. Who wants to go to Stamford Bridge?"

"Us!" Taylor says, raising her hand.

"Anyone else?" our boss asks. "Then team Taylor will cover that one."

"I know what you did there" I whisper while the meeting keeps going.

"Help with your love life?" she smirks.

"Urgh" I reply, rolling my eyes.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Taylor, you don't need to wait with me" I say once we are done with the Chelsea-City, the game ending with a win for the sky blue team.

"I know. But I want to say Merry Christmas to Mr. Dias."

A few minutes later, he leaves the stadium.

"Mr. Dias!" Taylor says when she sees him. "Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas, Taylor. And hi" he says to me with a smile, my stomach doing its usual flip.

"Hello."

"Aww, cute" Taylor says, making both Rúben and I look at her, confused about her reaction. "Anyway, I better go. Enjoy your date, you two."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Hello, miss. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Paul" I say to our driver. "It's nice seeing you again."

"You too, miss. Where to?"

"The same restaurant from the other day. I promise I won't hurt myself."

"I'll make sure of it" Rúben says next to me.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Final verdict?" I ask Rúben when we leave the restaurant.

"The wait was worth it. I'm definitely coming back."

"Even if it isn't super duper healthy?" I ask, teasing him.

"Yes, even if it isn't super duper healthy. Tomorrow I'll pick our breakfast spot. And then it's your time to be my tour guide."

"Don't expect anything fancy. Just the basics."

"The company will make it worth it." The company will make it worth it. Did he just say that? He did. Stay calm. Stay calm! "But there is one thing we must do. We need to go to the London Eye, I want to see the city from up there."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"This is your stop, miss" Paul says.

"Thank you very much" I say as I open the car's door, Rúben doing the same on his side and moving to the boot.