Chapter 16

"I need to ask you for a favour" Rúben says when he's done with his phone call.

"Ok" I say, putting down my book.

"I need you to help me with some last minute work stuff. But I first need to go into the city to pick what I need. Do you want to come?"

"Can we stop at that bakery from the other day? I'm craving something sweet and here in Portugal you have so many options."

"You are... craving?"

"Yes, I'm... Oh, no no no. Not like that. It's not like that" I quickly say, noticing how wide Ruben's eyes have gone. "I actually got my period this morning, that's why I'm in the mood to eat my weight in chocolate or anything similar."

"Oh, ok. Sorry" he chuckles. "We'll stop at the bakery, then. And if you need anything else, just let me know."

"I'll probably need a nap after lunch. While cuddling."

"Your whishes are my commands, meu amor."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"You can't be serious" I whisper to Rúben. "You want me to take a photo of you... wearing that?"

"Not this one, I don't like the colour" he says, looking at the underwear on his hands. When he said we were coming to the Nike shop, I thought it was to get some work out clothes, not... This.

"Whatever the colour you wear, do you really expect me to take a proper photo of you on your underwear? Me? And when my hormones are throwing a party and making me think... Things?"

"You've done it before" he shrugs. "And you are constantly thinking... Things."

"But those photos were just for me. Us. Not for the world to see. And did you just call me horny?"

"Are you not?" he says, arching an eyebrow.

"I... You... Idiot" I say, hitting his arm. Oh God, his arm. His big and strong arm and... Maybe he is right. Maybe I am constantly thinking things. But it is his fault.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Ok, so... How do we do it?"

"They said something casual, and the logo has to be seen."

"As if anyone is gonna pay attention to the logo" I snort.

"Someone will" Ruben smirks. "I thought I could sit over there and do some abs? That corner of the garden looks nice."

"Again. No one is gonna pay attention to the background."

"You are not helping, meu amor."

"Hey, you knew what you were getting when you asked me to do this" I shrug. "And you are lucky I'm dying inside, because if I wasn't, I would have already thrown myself at you."

"We can leave this for later if you are in pain" he says with a concerned look while putting a lock of hair behind my ear. Why is he so cute?

"I'm fine, don't worry. And the sooner we do this, the sooner I can eat that chocolate thing I bought while you give me cuddles."

"Ok" he chuckles, giving my nose a little kiss. Too cute. "Does this look good?" he says, getting into position.

"The light is perfect" I say, already taking some photos. "But you always look good, Rúben. Always"

"Thank you, meu amor" he says with a big smile, looking directly into the camera while I take another photo. I am keeping that one for myself.

"And?" he says after a bit, putting his arms on the grass and leaning back, looking glorious.