CHAPTER 17

{Elisa's pic above}

EFOSA'S POV

"What actually happened?" Uncle Osas asked.

I narrated the whole story to him while he listened attentively.

"Wow! Edosa's behavior is getting out of hand, I have to discuss this with your parents" he suggested.

"No don't!!! It would only make it worst, something's just bugging him that's why he's been acting weird today. It's no big deal" I assured him.

" No big deal!!! Efosa have you checked yourself in the mirror? You look horrible" he said with concern written in his eyes.

"Don't worry uncle, it would heal eventually" I told him.

"You're sure about this?"

"Yes I am" I said assuring him it won't happen again.

"Okay if you insist that's the reason".

"So uncle, I'll be heading to my room now I'm feeling sleepy" I told him.

"Ok then, goodnight"

"Goodnight uncle" I said before I bid him goodnight.

Entering my room I decided to check out myself in the mirror.

I look bad...like way bad. My left eye and mouth were bruised badly.

I took out my first aid kit underneath my bed and an ice pack from my mini fridge which I bought last week with my life savings... Good thing it came in handy.

I applied the ice pack to my bruised left eye and my mouth before using an elastic bandage to compress my swollen eye.

I took a cold bath before snuggling into my bed shirtless. Just then I drifted off to Dreamland.

**********

The next day....

I woke up earlier than expected maybe because of the sharp sting on my left eye.

I got ready for school.

Uniform- ✅
Cellphone- ✅
Books- ✅
Shoes- ✅

I think everything's complete.

I headed downstairs, Mum and Dad were seated at the dining table fully dressed in their working attires.

"DO EIJIE Ma, DO EIJIE Sir" I greeted them respectively.

"How was your night son?" Dad asked

"It was nice" I replied taking my seat.

"Baby boy, what happened to your eye" Mama E asked

Should have known she would notice. Nothing passes her without getting noticed.

"Nothing! Just collided with the door while heading to the bathroom... Sleep and stuff" I said with the most convincing smile I could make.

"Alright... But next time be careful" she warned

"Of course" I assured her.

"Good boy, now eat your food" she commanded just before I started eating.

"Where's Edosa?" I asked no one in particular.

"He's out for school" Dad replied.

"Okay" I replied short of words.

It's strange that Edosa woke up this early for school.

I hurriedly dug my food into my mouth.

"I'm off now, I'll make sure I'll be back early before Esosa arrives" I said keeping the dishes in the sink.

"Bye son, see you right after I'm back from the station" Mum said

Oh! I forgot to tell you mum works at the station as a police officer... My bad.

********
At school...

I was heading to my favorite spot at the library, luckily I had a free period but unfortunately, it was occupied by an unknown girl. She was engrossed in her book that she didn't notice my presence.

"Hello" I greeted her

"Hi" She greeted back with a smile

"Are you lost?" I asked her

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry if I sound rude, but the thing is no one actually comes to this part of the library. I'm the only one who comes here so I'm sure you're lost or something" I explained to her then she burst into a feast of laughter.

"Did I say something funny?" I asked confused.

"Oh I'm sorry about that, it's just that I find you amusing" she confessed

"Awe thank you?" I replied but it came out more as a question.

"I'm not lost, I just found out this new spot I didn't know it was yours, for that I'm sorry" she apologized.

"It's no problem we can share if you want, it's just that I like isolating myself at times from other students" I admitted taking a sit close to hers.

"Me too, Oh by the way I'm Elisa" She introduced herself.

"I'm Efosa" I introduced myself.

"You look familiar" she said examining me.

"Oh! You got me mistaken for my older brother" I told her

"Older brother? Sounds interesting, tell me more" she suggested.

"My brother's name is Edosa, you must have heard of him before. He's very popular" I described him.

"Oh I've heard of something about him" she said.

"Really? Like what?" I asked.

" Like he's a wonderful player at the court and at playing with women's hearts" she said with a knowing smile.

" Well, maybe before but not now, he has changed" I told her.

Truthfully speaking, I haven't seen him with any girl since this term began, it's a bit odd but as they say "it's takes time to change".

"Why do I still feel you're not telling me the truth?" She asked still not convinced.

"Because you don't know him yet, he's my brother I know almost everything to know about him" I said trying to convince her.

" Well, if you say so... I'll do the judging myself, As you can see I'm a very picky person so I know when one has a good heart or pretending to be who he or she isn't" she clarified

One thing I observed about her is that she's tough.

" Okay, but when you find..."

Ring! Ring!

" I'm sorry I'll have to take this, sorry for cutting the conversation short but I'll see you sometime. Bye."

"Bye"

" Mum, what happened?" She said while exiting the Library.

A/N: Another long chapter, hope you all love it. Don't. Forget to vote and leave your comments.

Love,

Eseose.