by the sea

Your pov

"Come on Nellie" I yell to the woman behind me

"I'm coming love" she tells back

I stop to wait for her while watching Toby run down the beach. Nellie and I got the house down by the sea like she had always wanted and we ended up adopting Toby too.

A few minutes later she had caught up and grabbed my hand. We started to walk again and just as we did I saw Toby trip and fall. We looked at each other, she dropped my hand and I sprinted to him.

"You alright?"

"Y-yeah I'm ok mum" he sniffles

He had a small scrape on his knee but otherwise he was ok. I help him get up and kissed his head as Nellie got to us. She took his hand in her own and he offered me his other. I take it and we walk in line back to our house.

"Now go wash up, I'll start dinner"

He runs to the bathroom and Nellie and I go to the kitchen. We both wash our hands then she grabs all the things we need for pizza. She makes the dough and I make the sauce. As she rolling it out she throws a handful of flour at me.

I stop what I'm doing and start to pout to see how she'll react.

"Oh don't pout"

I ignore her.

"Come on love it was a joke"

I turn away from her and sniffle.

"Baby please don't cry"

I start to fake cry into my hands and she rushes over. She wraps me in a hug and I have to hide my smile and laughter. Which I failed at. She immediately let's go and hit my arm playfully.

We bake the pizza and it finishes a Toby comes in. We all sit down at the table and have dinner together. We may be small but we're a happy family and I love it.