Chapter 2

— VEGAS.

I can't do this. No, I can't. I don't understand this shit.

I raised the small onesie Pete wanted Venice to wear, I examined how I should get him in this thing, but all I had was confusion. My gaze moved from the onesie to the little demon who was reaching for his toes upfront.

"Do I..." I stared at it. Pete left early today, he and Porsche was going to handle something for the main family. And I was left with Venice. "Hey, little demon. How does your Dad get this on you?" I asked him, not expecting a reply.

"Khun Vegas, you have to first put his feet in, then continue with his arms and head." I jumped a little hearing someone talk from the door. It was the maid who got me in danger, I don't even know her name.

I nodded and tried to get him wear the onesie, but I failed every attempt, he just wouldn't give me his feet! The maid offered to help me, I watched how Venice was so obedient when she was handling him, I glared at him and the little demon just grinned at me.

I uttered a thanks and she bowed and left the room.

Venice and I weren't the best of friends, so I didn't bother carrying him. I placed him on his weird basket and made sure to secure him so he wouldn't fall and die.

I narrowed my eyes thinking whether I should put him beside me or on the back. "Where do you usually sit? Here or back there?" I asked him.

He gave me his signature stupid look, so I just left him on the passenger seat. I put the seatbelt on his basket, how would I know what's it called? I nodded in pride when he was secured in place, I could go and deliver him to his daycare and continue on with my day.

I lost my smile when I saw that his daycare started an hour earlier.

"I'm sorry, his dad had errands to run. He was up very early, but I wasn't used to readying him." I explained.

Luckily, the teachers were very understanding. They still accepted Venice in and told me to pick him up after two hours. According to them, Venice would be bored if he were to attend even the afternoon sessions. I didn't have a choice but to nod in agreement.

I went to work after, it was a very tiring day for me. I handled the drug Lord who double-crossed us, it was under Kinn's orders.

I cursed under my breath hearing my phone alarming in the middle of the mission. Shit! 15 minutes before his out. I thought, I quickly aimed at the guy who was stopping us from cornering their boss. Another alarm, 10 minutes. Fuck, Pete will end up hating me more. I was starting to get annoyed at the men who were doing their best to protect their boss.

"Give me your gun." I ordered my men.

They obliged and covered for me using their smaller guns, but I didn't really have time to play anymore. I showered them with bullets and shot everyone dead. Someone jumped on me and I had no choice but to do a fist fight, luckily, one of my men shot him from behind. Unfortunately, my shirt got blood stains. I released a deep sigh and threw a grenade at their position. Another alarm, 5 minutes. I'm gonna be late.

It was about to end, but their backups came and we were outnumbered.

I signalled them to ring any of the main family to send for backup on our side, but all of them didn't have anything. How unlucky. I don't think I'm gonna make it on time. I closed my eyes and focused on the mission. I killed everyone I saw with one bullet, I made sure to not shoot twice.

Everytime I ran out of ammo, my men would throw me their guns and I continued my streak. Finally, we managed to take them all down. I didn't even had any final words for the traitor.