Chapter 9

VEGAS.

I glanced from one side— to another.

Pete was glaring at his curry like it murdered his favorite spice. Venice was playing with his food and hadn't taken a bite since we got together in the dining room. I've been gone for two days due to a mission, and I came home to witness silent treatments from these two.

I cleared my throat and Pete shifted his glare at me, I innocently smiled and drank water to stop my curiosity. Venice offered more water and I politely refused him.

I couldn't take the awkward atmosphere anymore.

"So—"

"Sorry, babe, I have to get something for Khun Noo."

"I have homework."

The two of them said at the same time, stood at the same time, and left me at the same fucking time. I blinked twice, what the hell just happened? I checked my wristwatch. Ha? Homework at 8pm? An errand at night? For Tankhun? I was left dumbfounded and was idle for five straight minutes. Venice comes home at 3pm, does his homework before playing, those are Pete's rules. I stopped to look where Venice walked earlier. If I remember it correctly, Venice also asked Pete to not work at night since it's the only free time he sees his Dad.

I finally gathered myself together and knocked in his room, "Hey, buddy. Can I come in?" I asked.

Slowly, he peeked through his door; not saying anything, just looking at me.

I awkwardly scratched my nape, "Is that a no?"

"I have homework, phi." He said.

I nodded. "Fine, alright. Finish it early, make sure you have enough time to sleep." I reminded.

Midnight has passed and Pete still hasn't given an update of where he was or what he was doing. I left him tons of messages and all of them were unseen. Just when I was starting to worry, my phone rang identifying Pete as the caller.

"Hey, where are you?" I immediately asked as I answered the phone.

[ Is this N'Pete's guardian? ]

I stared at my phone hearing the unfamiliar voice, I checked to see if it was indeed Pete who called. "Yes. Who is this?"

[ This is from the Curry restaurant from downtown. He's been here since 8pm, and now he's drunk and we're supposed to be closed since 10pm. He's... knocked out. ]

The man explained.

"You serve alcohol in a curry restaurant?" I asked.

[ Uhm... Yes? ]

I stilled in disbelief, "Is that even allowed?"

I could see the man awkward smiling, [ Well, sir, it was N'Pete who convinced us to sell him alcohol. He used the 'customer is always right' card. Even shouting he's on the right side. ]

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Got it, I'm sorry. I'll be there in a while." I sighed and apologized again.

I brought my keys and saw Venice peeking from the hallway. I tilted my head to let him know I saw him, "Your Dad's drunk, you wanna come with me to fetch him?" I offered.

"He probably doesn't want to see me." He said in a small voice.

I nodded, "Well, you sleep then. I'll help you fix whatever's between you tomorrow morning. Good night, buddy." I smiled and left to get my husband.