Chapter 7: A Date?!

Y/N POV.

I woke up pretty groggily, rubbed my eyes a little and remembered what happened yesterday. Me and Octavia were gaming in her game room having fun and shit talking each other and other fun competitive banter. Then we were attacked by the whole gang of I.M.P and had a fight for my safety and livelihood. As Blitzø shot his gun Octavia had somehow stopped time and sent them back to their headquarters and later told Stolas about what happened.

After that I had learned what had happened to my parents and followed by me getting adopted into the Goetia family to which I am still trying to understand, it all happened too quickly for me to handle.

Now that everything's come back to me, I rub my eyes and wake up a bit more. I softly and carefully lift Octavia off of me and quickly but quietly walk out of the gaming room we slept in. As I try to remember the layout of the house, I turn left and right trying to find the bathroom and eventually do find it.

After using the bathroom to tidy up and do my morning routine, I decide to make a nice good breakfast for Octavia this morning. As I think back on our experience's thus far, leading up to where we are now, I owe her so much, she's saved my life from eminent demise that could have costed my life, cared for me, and granted me the greatest wish of giving me the love I've so eagerly wanted for years. The least I could do is make it up to her by cooking breakfast or treating her to someplace nice.

As I walk my way into the kitchen, I think back about Hell, I know nothing about it but theories, conspiracies and the Bible's depiction, I don't know anything like natural animal life, religion, or even the way around the area. I wouldn't expect to find anything on my phone as it's all compiled to correlate the surface's know how's.

Not to mention, I'm looking into the fridge and see the obvious milk jug, some odd looking fruit, and literally nothing else. There are veiny objects, pulsating meats if I had to guess, hairy other things, and eggs... If these guys are birds, and they have eggs, isn't that infantile cannibalism? Other than that there's some rooty looking stuff, cheese if I had to guess, and other liquid stuff.

Without anything to go over, and not knowing what anything could taste or even work in ingredients, I start snooping around for a cookbook of sorts. After some time I saw a book on the top of the cupboards and looked for something to reach it with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tall, a scaling 6'2, but these guys are like 7'9, probably and over exaggeration but who knows. I look around and open some doors and find a small folding step ladder. I grab that and take it as close I can to the counter, unfold it and climb to the top grabbing the book.

My guess had been right in it being a cookbook labeled "Cooking for Retards." Good. As I open the first page, the recipe was called "Basilisk Tarte Tatin" it shows an image of what looks like scrambled eggs and purple oozing bread. I had no idea what to make of it.

Deciding to skip the Venus flytrap, I aim to make some eggs and maybe an omelet with varying veggies, meats and spices. As I look at the ingredients required, I look for the same things in either the pantry or fridge, as well as looking for the spices and seasonings.

As some time passed, I found what I needed with some trial and error, finding some very veiny eggs, and magic powder spices, and glowing seasonings. While I had everything in set place, I look over the cookbook and get a frying pan. Following the somewhat simple instructions, I season the pan in some seasoning and let it simmer for 30 seconds until glowing, then break the veiny eggs into the pan and stir them up until blue, the add some spices making them a velvet red as the instruction say. Afterwards I add milk and what I'm pretty sure is cheese into the amalgamation of what is supposed to be a simple matter of making eggs. While I'm doing that, I try to start multi tasking and try to start making the bread and filling. Turning on the oven and Finding the correct loaf of bread by some miracle. While I find a cooking sheet and spray it down with some non stick spray, I get a bowl and start making the filling for the Tarts, with a lot of difficulty.
While getting the batter made and the right ingredients, I somehow get the batter right and start filling the bread while checking the eggs on occasion, I pull out the rack and put the bread in and set a timer.