Part 23 - Behind

HONOR MAEVE

Being as the flight to New York was seven hours long, I was able to get some sleep.

I was surrounded by other individuals so my thoughts didn't feel secure enough to be said aloud in my mind.

Alec has been sweet enough to buy the tickets and luggage. We both never expected this to be how our time away in Vegas would end.

We left a comfortable amount of our belongings at the hotel. We knew we'd only be here for a couple of days then we'd love to attend back to our time away in Vegas.

It gets to me how much Alec adores Vegas, he seems to not want to leave.

Neither do I. I'd love to grow my child up in Vegas, it's a beautiful city with the atmosphere and attractions I would appreciate to offer them.

Regardless of how amazing it is, I left the mafia so long ago, and all my life's worth of cash has been wasted on my worthless father who is now dead.

I don't have anywhere I could grow my child up in. I don't even have a place myself.

I've been relying so much on Alec and Saverio that I now have nothing of my own.

I don't even know where to start.

I don't even have a job.

By the time we arrived back at the hotel in Vegas last night, I decided to read the messages from work I had received.

My manager had been calling to question my quick disappearance and unavailability.

Let's just say I don't have a job anymore.

It's one in the morning now, we've finally arrived in New York and it's looks similar in some aspects to Vegas, but completely different.

I've never been to New York. I've never been anywhere, I've always stayed in LA, so this lifestyle is completely new to me.

Completely exciting.

We finished getting our bags and checking passports, so now we're attempting to find a cab to take us to our hotel considering Alec left his in Vegas.

Alec found one, grabbing my attention as we walk towards it. The driver is very lovely to put our bags into the trunk.

We get inside, both of us side by side, legs almost touching, as the driver asks us for our destination.

Alec tells him the address, letting him lead the way. From what I can see, this is the type of place Saverio would stay, it makes more sense to me now.

I'm not sure this is my type of place, I love the constant attraction of music and party's. Yet also the desire for my child to be happy and have the ability to experience loads of things.

The only thing that would hurt is the inability to visit the beach.

That's my favourite place and to know my child wouldn't be able to go would be upsetting but a great experience for when they do go.

We arrive at our hotel, not as luxurious as the one in Vegas, but Alex is currently paying for both and the flight tickets.

We give thanks to the driver, giving him his cash and taking our bags into the lobby.

Alec grabs the key, taking me towards to the elevator. We stand still, silence filling the air. We haven't really spoken since last night on the mountain.

He looks over at me. His expression contains so much pain and hurt, it makes me want to fall into my knees and beg him to just take me back.

Only for the sake of our friendship. Deep down, I know this is what I'm supposed to do.