22| just go with it

"SO WHAT'S THE DEAL?" Audrey asked, stepping at the car once they arrived at their destination. She watched as Logan took out their two bags, walking through the hotel's entrance. The helpers took their luggage, sending it off to their room as they checked in. "What if we walk in, and Candice is like, in her lingerie or something?"

    "I said she's sappy, not desperate." He chuckled, his laugh quickly dying the more he gave the idea thought. "Actually, that's entirely possible."

    "Right." She nodded, managing her expectations. "You know what, we should just leave at midnight. I don't want to sleep next to a girl I don't know."

    "I'm sure she'll give up the room and head over to her friends the moment she sees you with me." He said, standing by the concierge's desk, waiting to be serviced. "That's the plan, at least. Just don't forget to act like you're my date–"

    "I am your date." She said.

    "She can't know you're my friend." He said clearly. "Don't say you're my girlfriend, none of them will believe that either—"

"Ouch."

"Because I've never had a girlfriend before." He explained. "If she finds out we're just friends, she'll set you up with someone like Walter Hastings, or anyone else you can't resist so we could have the room together alone."

     "Walter Hastings is here?" She whispered excitedly. Logan rolled his eyes at her, and she cleared her throat. "I mean; no, Logan, I will not ditch you for Walter Hastings." She corrected herself. "But anyway, what if you two do end up alone? Have you no self control, Logan?" She asked teasingly.

     "I don't want to give my family any ideas." He said. "They'll do this at every stupid wedding I go to if I don't stop them now." He stopped when the Concierge finally approached them, checking them into their room. Audrey had a feeling there was still something he wasn't telling her. When they were finally handed their room keys, they headed to their room.

It was a long walk to their room, and the hotel had turned out to be more luxurious than she imagined at first. When she first heard that the wedding's couple rented out the entire hotel for the wedding, she assumed it would have to be a small hotel. But by the looks of it, there must be over three hundred guests coming to the wedding.

They stopped by their hotel room door, inhaling in deep breaths. "There's one more thing I forgot to mention."

     She looked back at him with dread. Logan had a tendency to avoid telling her the conditions of these conquests they go on, knowing she would back out if he tells her beforehand. "What is it?"

"You know how I told you we could leave by midnight?"

    "Yeah?" She asked warily.

     "I lied." He said, hoping her reaction wouldn't be as horrible as he expected. "Tonight's just the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow's the actual wedding."

Audrey's expression faltered. "Tell me it's a day wedding." She said threateningly. "Please tell me it's not a night wedding."

"We'll leave by sunset, I swear." He turned the door knob hesitantly. "Ready?"

When he opened the door, Audrey was relieved to see that Candice was not in her lingerie. However, she was topless, swaying around the room with music blasting through her headphones, loud enough for Audrey to note that she was listening to No Scrubs by TLC. She was completely unaware of their presence, and Audrey took the opportunity to observe her a little closer. Ginger hair, low-rise bootcut denim jeans, evidently disorderly judging solely based on the pile of clothes on her side of the bed.