26| brief encounter

disclaimer:
wattpad deleted 2 chapters
(thanks wattpad)
and i didn't have them saved anywhere
so i did have to rewrite it

i took some liberties rewriting it
for one, i just made 1 chapter instead
and only 600 words which isn't even
half of the original material
and also, my memory is HORRIBLE
so this was hard

TWO WEEKS INTO THE SEMESTER, and Audrey felt awfully burned out.

Everyone else seemed to have spent their holiday break accordingly, stacking up rough drafts of articles and having them done within the first few days back to the Daily News. Rory and Paris were particularly over-achieving the past two weeks, releasing a blazing five articles between the two.

Whereas Audrey was postponing every important event in her life. She had student council events to plan, meetings to set up, articles to write.

But all she could think about was what happened during the holiday. All she could think about was him.

"I have good news, and I have bad news" Audrey said as she approached Rory's desk.

"I'll take the good news first."

"My dad won the case against his business partner. They unfroze his bank accounts."

Rory perked up. "Audrey, that's great!"

"I'm going home this weekend to celebrate." Audrey said nonchalantly. "The bad news is, the amount of money I have to pay to my apartment complex is going to make him bankrupt all over again."

"Isn't your apartment surprisingly well priced?"

Audrey nodded and sat by the foot of Rory's desk. "Only because it's a complete lie, courtesy of Logan. The rent price should've been triple the amount. But, I'm paying the actual price I owed and moving out."

"How come?"

"I don't want him doing me any favours." She said simply. "Which brings me to the next news; I'm moving back into the dorm, if you'll still have me."

"Of course we will!" Rory said excitedly. "We work better as a trio, anyway."

"Like Charlie's Angels."

"I always thought of us as more like The Three Stooges, but sure."

Doyle approached the two, eyeing them skeptically. "Don't you have articles to write?"

"We're on it."

"You're been slacking." He said blatantly to Audrey.

Audrey gasped in offence. "I just handed in an article about the janitorial staff strike."

     "A topic already written by Williams last week." He said. "I would've told you that if you bothered to run your idea by me before you went ahead and wrote it. Also— I wouldn't have published it anyway, it's crap."

     "It's not crap!"

     "You took janitorial staff strike and managed to make it about hookup culture. It's crap."