𝟎𝟎𝟑. the first cut is the deepest

'I will climb on a toilet if I have to, but I will be really annoyed'

CODE BLUE

003. THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST

season one, episodes two and three

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

TW: sexual assault

────────

JOANNA WOKE UP TO THE SMELL OF FRESHLY MADE PANCAKES AND THE SOUND OF SOFT LAUGHTER. It was something she had gotten used to, ever since Derek moved in. Emily would make him his favorite pancakes and they would eat breakfast over small talk and laughter. 

Downstairs, Emily, Christopher, and Derek were talking as they ate.  "You are moving into a trailer?" She asked, still shocked by his news. "A trailer?"

"Well, yeah," he laughed.

"Why?" Emily asked.

"It is not about the trailer, it's about the land. The view. The peace," Derek explained.

"You would trade this very comfortable home, with homemade chocolate chip pancakes to live in a metal can in the middle of the woods?" Emily just couldn't comprehend his logic.

"I lived my entire life surrounded by women. I need peace. The silence," Derek said.

"I get that," Christopher said, and Emily glared at him. "But the pancakes are really good," he said shoving another piece of pancake into his mouth.

"You are moving into a tin can!" 

"What are we talking about?" Joanna asked, coming into the kitchen and grabbing a banana.

"My trailer," Derek said, swallowing another piece of pancake.

"Well, we can talk about it at work. We need to go," Emily said glancing at the clock. "We have patients to see, and you have interns to babysit."

"I've been meaning to ask," Derek said as they walked out of the house, "How is it that you two got out of intern duties?" 

"Bailey got my batch," Christopher replied. "And Emily did hers last year."

As they climbed into the car, Emily said, "At least admit it, you will miss having free rides to work." 

Derek smiled. "Maybe."