𝟎𝟎𝟓. save me

CODE BLUE

005. SAVE ME

season one, episodes eight and nine

dedicated to silentsymphony

────────

EMILY WOKE UP ON A VERY WARM AND HARD PILLOW. It wasn't her own, and for a second, she thought Joanna could have stolen them again. But as it moved, she noticed it wasn't a pillow at all.

"Good morning," she said happily, laying on Derek's chest, as he gave her a small kiss on her forehead. "Can I wake up like this every day?"

"Yes please," Derek moaned happily. They kissed lazily before Emily made a mischievous grin. "What?"

"I was just thinking, maybe we can make this morning even better," Emily taunted, her hand traveling under the covers.

"I like how you think, Dr. Hale," Derek said with a happy grin.

"You do, Dr. Shepherd?" Emily asked.

"I do," Derek said, before rolling himself on top of her, making Emily squeal in surprise.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

AS JOANNA GOT DOWN THE STAIRS THAT MORNING, she smelled the fresh blueberry pancakes Emily was making. She stopped by the kitchen watching as Derek gave Emily small kisses on her neck as she turned the pancakes. Christopher walked toward Joanna and pretended to puke.

"How long have you two been standing there?" Emily asked, finally noticing them.

"Long enough to make me want to gouge my eyes out," Christopher responded, sitting by the table, and grabbing the newspaper.

"I for one think it's cute," Derek said.

"What happened to the chocolate chips?" Christopher pouted at the sight of the blueberry pancakes.

"We ran out," Emily explained. "Jo, do you want pancakes or yogurt?"

"Yogurt," Joanna muttered, already feeling a little nauseated. 

"Feeling nauseous again?" Christopher asked.

She nodded, and as Christopher opened his mouth to speak, Emily spun to look at him, holding her whisk in the most menacing way somebody could hold a baking utensil. "Don't."