𝟎𝟎𝟕. enough is enough

CODE BLUE

CODE BLUE

007. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

season two, episode two

────────

JOANNA WOKE UP IN CHRISTOPHER'S BED, CRUSHED UNDER DIFFERENT SETS OF LIMBS. The trio had fallen asleep the night before after trying their best to comfort Emily. She was completely heartbroken, and Joanna couldn't help but feel like it was somehow her fault. She was the one who had introduced the two, and now, the always bubbly Emily was in a tremendous amount of pain. As she tried her best to delicately get out of bed without wakening any of them up, a very eager golden retriever jumped on top of her, causing Joanna to lose her balance. She fell on top of Christopher, and as her elbow met his ribs, the blonde resident woke up in a jolt of pain.

"Shit, I'm so sorry," Joanna apologized quickly.

"Holy fuck, Jo, couldn't you have maybe woken me up more gently?" Christopher said rubbing the place where she had hurt him. He made a slight pout as he spoke, and Joanna had to stop herself from laughing.

"It was Bella's fault," Joanna explained, a guilty look on her face.

"Shhhhh," Emily pleaded, sticking her head underneath her pillow.

"Emily can't handle her liquor," Christopher hummed.

"Oh shut up, Hughes," Emily said, throwing a pillow at his chest.

"Hey," Christopher called Joanna. "Are you ok? You look a bit pale."

Joanna didn't answer. Instead, she rushed out of bed and puked in Christopher's bathroom.

"This is starting to get pathetic," Emily said, rushing into the bathroom behind her. "You are going to see a gastroenterologist."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"Good morning, Dr. Bailey," Joanna greeted, her interns following a few feet from behind.

"What do you want Rhodes?" Bailey asked, not even sparing the other resident a glance.

"Could you maybe switch with me today?" Joanna asked. "I haven't been in the pit in a really long time and my interns could use the chance," she lied through her teeth. Truly, she just wanted to stay as far away as possible from Derek and Addison's drama.

Dr. Bailey seemed conflicted for a second before Joanna added: "And I'm supposed to be in a Whipple surgery with Dr. Jacobs, but if you want to..."

"Fine take the pit," Bailey said.