𝟎𝟔. 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐥 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐀

𝟎𝟔. 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐥 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍, 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘"

(Harry Styles,    Late Night Talking)

________________________

  "I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE DETENTION," David commented, his nose stuck in the potions essay that he had yet to complete. 

  "Here we go again," Matilda muttered as her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

  Ever since she had mentioned her unfortunate incident with Snape to her two friends, they had been teasing her nonstop. She had thought that after an entire day, the joking would have ceased. Nonetheless, as she headed down from her bedroom to the common room before heading to serve her punishment, David was still hung up on the fact.

  "I'm just saying," he shrugged. "Detention and Matilda aren't two things that one would expect in the same sentence."

  "Well, luckily for me, Fred Weasley seems to go together perfectly with detention." Matilda chirped as she grabbed her bookbag and slung it across her shoulder. 

  David didn't look up from his essay as Matilda walked passed him and towards the door of the common room. "Have fun in detention, Jailhouse Rock." She heard him say. 

  "What?" Matilda furrowed her brows.

  "Jailhouse Rock?" David finally looked up at her. "The Elvis song..."

  Matilda shrugged her shoulders, not really knowing who this Elvis fellow was as she walked out of the room and into the halls. She didn't miss the look that David sent her - as if she had just stabbed him in the chest. After years of friendship, his muggle-related comments didn't faze her anymore, and she had learned to just roll with them. She was, however, going to ask him about his latest reference once she got back from detention. 

  As she headed down the stairs of Ravenclaw Tower, Matilda considered the predicament she was in. Never in her life had she earned detention. The more carefree traits she had were suppressed by the weight of everything she carried on her shoulders, so she never really did anything that would be detention worthy.