𝟎𝟕. 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐠𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐀

𝟎𝟕. 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐠𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐠𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

"𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐓."

(Fred Weasley, Goblet of Fire)

________________________

SPLASHES OF WATER COULD BE HEARD AS FEET STOMPED THE GROUND. It was raining heavily that afternoon - something not uncommon at Hogwarts. And to say it had put Matilda in a somewhat foul mood would be an understatement.

Usually, she loved the rain, but that was more truthful when she was warm in her bed or perhaps cozied up at her favorite corner of the library.

"David!" Matilda shouted furiously as her friend jumped atop a puddle, successfully getting her legs soaked in the process.

But today she was neither in her bed nor at the library.

And David Bright had just gotten her favorite knee-high socks wet.

"Honestly, you two are children," Zadie muttered from beside them. She glanced down at Matilda's legs as the three ran to the Great Hall, waving her wand about and casting a simple spell. Matilda felt her legs warm up in an instant, and she sent her sane friend a grateful nod.

  "He started it," Matilda mumbled angrily, to which Zadie chuckled at her.

By the time they got to the Great Hall, it was already packed with students. The chatter made Matilda wince, as she didn't know where to focus her attention on. She glanced at the Goblet of Fire, which was standing proudly in the middle of the hall, with all the tables pushed to the side.

She was shoved to the side as three boys from Durmstrang made their way to the Goblet before one of them placed a small slip of paper into the blue flames. The crowd rang out with cheers, and Matilda winced once more.

"Do any of these blithering idiots have any idea of the fact that this is meant to be the most dangerous tournament created in centuries?" Matilda muttered in annoyance as she watched a girl from Beauxbaxtons slipping a similar paper into the fire with a proud grin.

"It's all that eternal glory nonsense," Zadie replied with a shrug. "It'll get you."

"Oh come on-" David pushed between both girls, his arms going around their shoulders. "You're telling me that neither of you would like the opportunity to have eternal glory?"