Bucky, Bea and Phillip sat in silence as they tried to forget what had happened to them.

After a moment, Bea spoke up. "Bucky, Phillip, what do you think happened to us?"

Bucky shook his head. "No clue. But you, Phillip and I are alive, and we're with Steve. That's all that matters, right?"

She nodded and smiled. "Yes, that's all that matters."

Bea took Phillip's hand and he absentmindedly began playing with it.

Steve watched his friends for a moment, then joined them as people sang There's a Tavern in Town.

"See, Phillip and I told you," Bucky said. "They're all idiots."

"How about you?" Steve asked. "You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?"

"Hell, no. That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him. But you're keeping the outfit, right?"

"You know what? It's kind of growing on me."

Bea grinned. "I'm following that skinny kid from Brooklyn, too. Phillip?"

He nodded. "That kid was inspiring, and still is despite his changed outward appearance."

The singing in the bar ceased as Peggy, in a tight-fitting, deep-red dress, walked in. "Captain."

"Agent Carter."

"Ma'am," Bucky, Bea and Phillip greeted.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try," Peggy told Steve. "Tomorrow morning?"

"Sounds good," Steve replied.

"I see your top squad is prepping for duty."

"You don't like music?" Bucky asked, earning a chuckle from Phillip.

"I do, actually," Peggy answered. "I might even, when all this is over, go dancing."

"Then what are we waiting for?"

"The right partner. 0800, Captain."

"Yes, ma'am," Steve said. "I'll be there."

Bucky, referring to Peggy's comment, said, "I'm invisible. I'm... I'm turning into you. It's like some horrible dream."

"Don't take it so hard. Maybe she's got a sister."

Phillip clapped his brother on the back and turned to Bea. As he offered his hand, he asked, "May I have this dance?"

Bea nodded, accepting his offer.

As they danced, Phillip said, "I need you to promise that you'll be safe."

Bea frowned. "Phillip, with my flights, I can't promise that."

"Just try, okay? You mean a lot to me, and it'd kill me to lose you."

"You don't think it'd be the same for me?"

He shook his head. "I never said that, Bea."

"You didn't have to."

He gave her a light smile. "I really can't hide anything, can I?"

"I'm afraid not." As they danced, she said, "I wish this night could last forever."

"I do too," he replied softly. "But as tragic as it is, good things must eventually end."

"I adore you, Phillip."

He smiled softly and kissed her temple. "I adore you too, Bea."

He studied her, as though he was taking in all he could. Her long black hair, which was ij a bun, had some whisps that'd escaped. Her dark brown eyes held all the hopenin the world. Her hands were delicate and her touch gentle. She smelled of vanilla; a smell that had always meant home to him and one that always would.

A small smile crossed her lips as she danced in the arms of the man she adored. The fear that she might lose him crossed her mind and she pushed those thoughts away as she stared into his blue eyes. His gaze held a harshness that hadn't been there before, one she was sure she had as well, but the gentleness of his gaze still shone through. His touch, though it'd become more calloused, was still gentle and welcoming. She felt safe in his arms, and hoped that would never change.

The pair danced as the night carried on. Neither wanted to dwell on what might come, but instead wanted to live in the moment of each other's company.