After Steve, Bea and Bucky had been missing for some time, they awoke in a 1940's hospital and heard a baseball game on an old radio. A woman walked into the room.

The Dodgers announcer said over the radio, "Curve ball, high and outside for ball one. So the Dodgers are tied, 4-4. And the crowd well knows that with one swing of his bat, this fellow's capable of making it a brand-new game again. Just an absolutely gorgeous day here at Ebbets Field. The Phillies have managed to tie up at 4-4. But the Dodgers have three men on. Pearson beaned Reiser in Philadelphia last month. Wouldn't the youngster like a hit here to return the favor? Pete leans in. Here's the pitch. Swung on. A line to the right. And it gets past Rizzo. Three runs will score. Reiser heads to third. Durocher's going to wave him in. Here comes the relay, but they won't get him." The door opened and an agent walked in.

"Good morning," the agent greeted as she checked her watch. "Or should I say, afternoon?"

"Where am I?" Steve, Bea and Bucky asked.

"You're in a recovery room in New York City."

"The Dodgers take the lead, 8-4. Oh, Dodgers! Everyone is on their feet. What a game we have here today, folks. What a game indeed."

Steve and Bucky looked at her suspiciously. "Where are we really?"

"I'm afraid I don't understand."

"This game, it's from May, 1941," Steve said. "I know because we were there." He got up from the bed. "Now, I'm gonna ask again. Where are we?"

"Captain Rogers, Miss Richardson, Sergeant Barnes..." She secretly pushed an alarm.

"Who are you?" Bea demanded.

Two soldiers in black uniforms entered the room and Steve knocked them through the wall. He, Bucky and Bea realized they were in a made-up set and ran out.

"Captain Rogers, Sergeant Barnes, Miss Richardson, wait!" the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent said before speaking into a comm. "All agents, code 13! I repeat. All agents, code 13!"

---

Steve, Bea and Bucky found themselves in 2011's Time Square. They looked around in shock. Numerous SUVs encircled them and Fury stepped out of one of the vehicles.

"At ease, soldiers!" Fury said. "Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but... we thought it best to break it to you three slowly."

"Break what?" Steve, Bea and Bucky asked.

"You've been asleep. For almost seventy years." Steve, Bea and Bucky looked around him in shock. "You three gonna be okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I just... I had a date," Steve answered, the memories of his last conversation with Peggy playing in his head. He figured she was gone and that he'd never see her again. In a matter of months, for him, he'd lost one of his best friends and the woman he'd fallen in love with.

Bea's gaze fell as she stared at Fury. She'd woken up almost 70 years in the future, and Phillip wasn't there to see it. At least she still had Steve and Bucky.

"We made it, Phillip," she whispered. "Steve, Bucky and I made it to the future. I wish you were here to see it."

Bea looked at Fury and said in a louder tone, "I'm not going to be part of your charade to save the universe. At least, not right now. I saved the world once. I think I deserve a chance to live in a new one."

Fury nodded. "We'll call when we need you. Sergeant?"

Bucky shook his head. "I'm gonna keep an eye on her. But if you need us, I assume you'll know where to find us."

"I do. Good luck."

Bucky nodded as he led Bea away. The two waved to Steve and he waved back, knowing they'd eventually see each other again.

---

Steve was pummeling a punching bag in the gym and in anger, he knocked his punching bag off its chain, sending it flying across the room when Fury entered.

"Trouble sleeping?" Fury asked.

"You're here with a mission, sir?" Steve questioned.

"I am."

"Trying to get us back in the world?"

"Trying to save it."