C h a p t e r 4

The godfather

A l e s s i a p o v :
I met Arabella within my first year at the school, she had joined the school two years before me. She was one of the few people who talked back to the teachers, or gave attitude, everyone else was too scared to even make eye contact with teachers, they didn't dream of talking back. It's not like the teachers didn't deserve it, they would beat you for the smallest things, they also expected us to be Albert Einstein smart. The expectations they had for us was laughable, and completely unrealistic. We met Arya the same year, she was definitely an introvert, now, not so much. She's gotten more confident throughout the years, if we was to look back five years ago she would probably have a panic attack if a stranger was near her.

The rules that the school had set was definitely not healthy, also completely unfair, one of them was to go to sleep at a 11 then wake up at 4. For some people that's normal, but when your Body's malnourished, weak, and beaten, it's not near enough time. Naturally, we all wake up early, Arya has completely grown out of that habit, Arabella not so much, I've not grown out of it at all. I go to sleep at anytime I want, but I always find myself waking up at 4, Arabella wakes up at 5ish.

That leads me to where I am now, staring at a blank wall, at 4 in the morning, bored out of mind. I would go downstairs and get food but I'm not fucking hungry, I could turn on the tv, but the girls are light sleepers. If you live in a place, where people twice your age come into your room at night, most of the to blow off some steam, it's better of to be a light sleeper then a heavy one. We're all light sleepers, I think it's a blessing, we can always be alert and aware of our surroundings, even if we're in our deepest sleeps.

I did scroll on my phone for a bit but got bored after a while, so I gave up fighting with myself and decided to go downstairs.

Of course the gremlin had to be down there, doing paperwork, what a fucking weirdo.

"The fuck are you doing?" I guess I startled him cause he stiffened, funny.

"Paperwork." He said, putting his glasses on, not bothering to look up.

"I can see that Sherlock, what paperwork, for what, for what company, is it classified, is it-

"Alessia shut the fuck up, why you up?"

Ignoring my question, suspicious. Cause I'm petty and proud, I ignored his question since he ignored mine, shoved past him making him mess up whatever he was writing and headed to the living room. I heard him inhale sharply, oops?

He turned around and grabbed my wrist,
"Love, you're really testing my patience, I don't fucking appreciate it, the only reason you're not dead is because your Marcos sister, whenever you have the time, I suggest you thank him."

I stared him in the eyes, seeing no signs of a lie and laughed, tears started building up in my eyes I was laughing so much. I sobered up, and looked him straight in the eyes,

" I don't know what possessed you to think I'm scared of death, darling, I'm scared of very few things and you're - I said leaning up to his ear- not fucking one of them" his grip loosened around my wrist,

Not waiting for a reply I walked towards the couch "So I was thinking of watching Rio, but then I was like nahh lemme watching something with more action, maybe something like the godfather?" I finished turning around, a knowing smirk spread across my face.

I made myself comfortable on the couch, turned on Netflix, and glanced behind me to see him still staring at me, eyebrows furrowed.

"So are you not down to learn about the Italian Mafia, Adrian?" I questioned, putting on a innocent smile.