C h a p t e r 9

Expect the unexpected

*Mature content ahead*

A l e s s i a s p o v:
Being able to read someone is a good skill to have, it's weirdly therapeutic watching peoples body language change. It was during my second year in school, I had learned how to blend into the shadows. I would always sit in the seats at the back or the ones closest to the windows, and I would stay completely still. I wouldn't say anything and my eyes never left the sorry excuses of teachers that stood there screaming at kids. I found it amusing watching them eat there food one minute looking perfectly peaceful, and the next they would be a pacing around screaming at whom ever.

I would drown all my surroundings out, and watch as their expressions changed. Most of the time my ears would be occupied with music, so I couldn't hear what they were saying, I just watched as their mouths moved. From time to time specks of spit would fly out of their mouthes, I noticed the veins pop out of their foreheads and how their faces would turn red.

I never missed the smiles that would creep on their faces when they made someone cry, or when they were reminded of much power they held after seeing kids cower away in fear. They disgusted me and they still do, I had mastered several things during my time at the school, studying people would be my favourite.

I payed attention to how Adrian tensed the second Sandro brought up his dad, his aura changed. I assume they don't have the best relationship. Sandro stared at the moping Adrian knowingly. I won't deny that I'm curious as to what went on between the two.

"He wants to arrange a dinner to talk about business." Sandro added, he was talking like Adrian and his dad wasn't related.

I knew first hand that blood isn't always family. Whether people want to admit it or not you have to earn the title of being family. For instance, a mother is meant to care for you, love you, they should give you advice when you need it, and scold you when you do something wrong. They should raise you, and provide for you when you can't. If they don't meet those standards, they would simply be labelled as a birth giver, not a mother. It's the exact same for a father, siblings and any other relative.

If you act like a stranger, you should be treated like one, blood or not.

"Mafia business?" Arya asked, sipping on her milkshake. Marco choked on his, spitting at all over the coffee table that sat in-front of us, Sandros jaw miles well have been dragging along the floor. Then there was Adrian, glaring straight at me.

This boy is always glaring.

He probably thinks I told her.

"You knew!?" Marco exclaimed, his voice cracking and going pitch higher , "We all did" Ella added, she was unbothered by the situation, she was too was engrossed in finishing her sketch to care.

"How?" Sandro asked.

"They probably searched us up, the creeps." Adrian chimed in before we could answer.

"No, people talk and we listened." I voiced out, putting a pillow on my lap.

"Oh so you listened to the rumours, what a reliable source." Adrian challenged. He was at the end of the sofa, his legs spread apart and he was fiddling with a pocket knife.

"I listened to the facts, not the rumours, there's a difference darling. And in the end they turned out to be true, so yes, it was a reliable source." Why does the boy always have to look good, but act like a complete dick.

"Do you always listen to what people tell you, I never took you as the gullible type Alessia." He smirked, tilting his head to the side.

"Who stuck a stick up your ass, the fuck is your problem?" I protested, leaning forward.