Shatter

Chapter 27: Shatter

A/N: Yo wys.

Ok, so many of you may not have liked the last chapter. I certainly know one of you who didn't. But it's alright, I suppose it could've gone better, whether it was the structure or the fact that I had AFO beat the crap out of Ryukyu.

I just wanna say:

Bro, the plot needs to be thicc and ripe enough to pluck. I'm not writing some sunshine and daisies stories where it's just an embarrassed Izuku bagging Ryukyu, this isn't a romcom it's literally a fanfic abt a series where people fight and die.

If the original author had the right to kill off Nighteye, then I at least have the right to develop my own plot.

Anyways, I said my piece.

Hopefully, you enjoy this chapter.

Tata~

________________________________________________________________

He had to save her. He had to.

She had come when he was on the wrong path, she helped him back from his worst stage, she...she was there for him!

"Izuku, don't disappoint me! I'm waiting for you to do something, if you don't-" AFO punched Ryukyu in the gut, "I might just kill her."

'What are you doing? She's over there getting killed! Move,' Izuku frustratingly thought, but even as he tried to move, it was as if his body had simply given up on him.

A shattered will was all that remained. He kept trying to move against the nails that had pinned him down, blood gushing out like a fountain.

'Hurry! She will die!'

'Will you let her die? In the end, you are no different from how you were in the beginning. Always the weak Deku. Never working to solve anything.'

His insecurities spoke to him.

' Time and time again you failed to save people. You failed to save yourself, you failed to save Nighteye and now...you failed Ryuko.'

'NO, I'm trying to move, but my body just isn't listening to me!'

'Psh, there is no use in just trying. Results are what matters, no one will say you tried your best, but everyone will know that you let her die. At the end of the day, nothing about you has changed.'

An internal conflict went on, Izuku continually attacked himself to the point that he couldn't even feel OFA pulsing trying to reach out to him.

96%

'Why? Why must she go through it? You got her involved!'

'I tried, I tried so hard to not fail and it still didn't work,'

As he continued to berate himself relentlessly, a voice finally broke through.

" Izu...Izuk...Izuku!"

"huh?" Izuku was thrown off his downplay and he turned to see the figure of Nana. " Nana San..."

He couldn't speak anymore after uttering her name, his head dropping as he couldn't look anywhere but down.

"You did it again Izuku. Tell me, what was all that training for?" Nana asked in a stern voice.

"..."

"I'm asking you a question aren't I?"

"To build up confidence," Izuku muttered out.

"Yes, so why have you returned to your old habits?"

Izuku looked up with a desperate glaze over his eyes, tears threatening to begin pouring from his sockets and flood his entire mind space.

Nana smiled gently. Perhaps, had she chosen her child over AFO, maybe Shigaraki could've been like Izuku with her. She wondered how it would've been to sit at the same table as her son and his family, grown all old and wrinkly, not that she would've minded.

'No, now is not the time to be dreaming of what could have been.' She shook herself out and focused her eyes on Izuku.

"Listen, out there is the woman you like. I don't care if you want to deny it, we are quite literally inside your mind. We know everything whether you like it or not," Nana ranted, " The point is, you're about to let her die, you aren't trying your hardest."

"Wha-"

"Hush!" Nana glared at Izuku, grabbing him by the collar "You think you're giving your all? You can't even keep up with AFO. That's weaker than even the 6th user, you're the 9th! Can you not feel it inside you?"

Izuku's eyes shook as the anger in Nana's eyes shook, a hammering feeling in his chest, " You don't have the luxury to worry about failing. You can't think of the consequences, it'll be too late. Take the words of the 8 that came before you, and believe it."

"I-I don't know what to do though... How do I beat him?" Izuku whimpered out. His train of thoughts is a complete wreck between different scenarios in which Ryuko would die, and flashbacks of his incompetence.

Nana was being harsh and she knew that. No matter with him having no choice, she was aware that he grew up in harsh conditions albeit in a relatively peaceful world. He was but a child and compared to them, he would be the youngest to fight AFO, each predecessor saved the descendent. But with All Might out of action, Izuku has no choice.

"Feel it Izuku," Nana whispered in a calmer tone, "You aren't alone. It's not like how it was in the past. Feel the 8 other people in you. Feel One for all. The power is overflowing, it's waiting, for you to call on it. You can beat him."

Izuku closed his eyes. His throbbing heart still beating as anxiety threatened to take over him. He focused on what was inside him. A simple desire. Borne of a childish desire to be the chosen one.

To be like his idol. He didn't care about what power he had or what people thought of him.

He simply wished to save with a smile on his face.

As Izuku's consciousness decided to return, for what felt like a good few minutes was just a few milliseconds outside. He felt a sweltering heat from within him. A perfectly oiled engine that continued to pump more and more energy out without stopping.

Lightning struck the ground, green bolts shredding around uncontrollably.

AFO's fist stopped in front of Ryukyu's face, his hand being burnt by lightning that seemingly bounced off of Ryukyu harmlessly.

'You have achieved it, ninth.' The first talked to him.

'Name it something appropriate, will you? This is the strongest state One for All has ever been.' Banjo added with a prideful grin as the predecessors sat round in their broken thrones.

It was time to witness the inevitable fall of their sworn enemy. The pure incarnation of evil and the hands of pure justice.

"ONE FOR ALL: 100% Shin JIDAI!"

A/N: And that's a wrap. Took ages to do All I'm too lazy so allow it. Also, I guess I should give credit to SoraNai for doing my proofreading. Jax as always is a pain in the ass so whatever but yeah.

Danmachi hopefully dropping soon.

Bless.