Chapter 4 - Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Author's Note: 

Hey, my good-looking people!

A slightly longer chapter this time, guys! Hope you all don't think it's too much.

Also, this chapter is a bit educational lol. If any of you think that part is too boring, you can always skip to the later parts 😀 

A shout-out to @20llvx0 for creating the new cover for my book! Did you guys like it? Let me know. Contact him if anyone requires a new cover! 

Ok, now moving on to the chapter...

"I can't believe Allison is going out with that jerk Ralph," speculated Ana, spearing a piece of lettuce viciously with her fork

"I can't believe Allison is going out with that jerk Ralph," speculated Ana, spearing a piece of lettuce viciously with her fork. "I mean, he's such a tool!"

Cam laughed. "Maybe. Or you're just jealous."

While Ana sputtered indignantly, my eyes turned to the cafeteria doors again. Luke had yet to appear for lunch. I partly wanted to see him so that I could strangle him and partly wanted to avoid him so that he did not have a chance to show me his smug mug.

The cafeteria bustled with lively activity as students congregated for the best part of the day. But in contrast, my mood was dark.

"Jealous of Allison?" Ana glared at Cam, after finally finding her voice. "Why? Because Ralph is just so desirable?"

Cam shrugged while everyone laughed. "You would know, right?"

Ana rolled her eyes. "I happen to have impeccable taste in men, okay? And Ralph doesn't even come close to being anywhere near desirable in my book."

"Who are you waiting for?" asked Wendy and suddenly, all eyes were on me. I hurriedly looked away from the cafeteria doors.

"Who else? Luke, of course," I said, trying to be nonchalant. I grabbed my bottle of water and took a sip, ignoring the stares still on my face.

"Luke or Mason?" asked Cam, slyly.

"Don't talk to me, okay?" I said, glaring at Cam. "You're such a Ms. Tattletale."

"Come on, A–"

"Spiller-of-secrets."

"But–"

"Blabbermouth."

Cam laughed. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have told all these guys but I was just so excited for you and Mason!"

I picked at my pizza slice, pointedly ignoring her and her poor excuse of an apology.

"Come on, Aria," Janice interjected. "Why didn't you want us to know?"

"That's not the point," I said, scowling. "I decide if and when I want everyone to know, okay? Not anyone else."