Chapter 23 - The Kiss

The news for the potential date with Luke wasn't something that I could squeal to Cam about, since she was crushing on Luke too. But I needed an outlet.

So, I messaged Mason.

Aria: Guess what? Guess what?!

Mason: What? What?

Aria: I think Luke just asked me out.

Aria: Well, he didn't ask me. Kinda told me.

Mason: Seriously? How did that happen?

I texted him the whole story, while Mason listened (read) patiently.

Mason: Wow. I'm impressed Luke managed to score so high. I knew something was up when Mrs. Lane asked him to step out.

Aria: I know right!

Mason: I know you can't tell but I'm fangirling as much as I can while holding on to my masculinity.

I laughed out loud. Then I slumped on my bed and squealed into my pillow.

Luke asked me out! Luke asked me out!

Suddenly I sat up. What was I going to wear? My closet was full of sweatshirts and t-shirts. Luke had asked me to dress casually. But did I really want to wear a bland t-shirt and jeans to my first date?

My mind immediately conjured Cam's disgusted face in response. Yeah, that's a no.

I had another option but it was an abhorrent one. And that was to snoop into Venus' room.

I walked across the hallway, my heart thudding painfully. I knew for a fact that my sister was super messy and my highly organized self had been avoiding her room ever since she left two years ago. I had tried to keep the house clean and tiny as much as I could but I had no idea what state Venus' bedroom was in.

I wasn't surprised when I opened her door.

There were clothes strewn about, on her bed, on the ground, piled up on her desk chair. Her vanity was overflowing with leftover makeup items. I tried not to look to closely but I thought there was a bunch of hair in her comb too.

Averting my eyes to maintain my sanity, I maneuvered around the disarray and made for her closet hoping that at least things were clean in there. By her standards, the closet was organized. I could have done a much better job, obviously.

Of course, most of her clothes made my face heat up. There was no way I was ever wearing such flimsy and tiny clothes. I wondered what Luke would think if I did show up in something skimpy. Probably choke on his own spit.

I grinned in anticipation. I couldn't wait for the next day.

In the end I selected a white top with billowing sleeves with the jeans I had worn to the football game along with some strappy flats I dug up out of Venus' closet