Chapter 6 - Touchdown

Author's note: 

Hey guys! 

Just a disclosure. I have no clue whatsoever regarding the rules of football so if my football lingo is wrong, please be kind. Correct sure, but don't verbally kill. Lol

Also, please bear with Luke for a bit longer. I know he's getting irritating to deal with and his jealousy is getting old now. He just doesn't know how to deal with these new feelings and Mason sounds like he's a better option for Aria. But I promise Luke will redeem himself. 😄

Ok I'm done. Thanks for reading. You may continue with the chapter... 

"Will you stop fidgeting?" asked Cam, as we climbed in her car

"Will you stop fidgeting?" asked Cam, as we climbed in her car. She had forced and coerced me into a short-sleeved glittery black top and cream colored jacket with formfitting light blue jeans. It wasn't too bad but was still just outside my comfort zone that it made me restless and jittery. She had informed me that this attire was for the game only. For the party, I was to ditch the jacket. Not sure I was going to obey her on that one.

She herself was in a white spaghetti strap crop top with black jeans ripped artfully at her knees. She looked beautiful without even trying.

"Aria, stop!" Cam stilled my hands, as I pulled on my top again. "Stop moving so much! You look amazing." She smiled proudly at me. My makeup was not overboard but much more than that I would have on usually and my hair was clipped to the side with the rest cascading down my back. I probably looked like a clown.

"I can't believe you, A." Cam shook her head as she started the car and pulled out of my driveway. "You are so gorgeous. You're slim and curvy, too, if that's possible, and your hair! It's so luscious and wavy. And, don't get me started on your boobs and butt."

My cheeks flamed. "Ok, you can stop now, Cam," I said, but that only made her laugh.

"You just don't know how beautiful you are," she said, grinning at me. "Mason is going to lose his mind." She looked gleeful at the thought. I didn't respond to her. She could live in her delusions all day.

"So, is Luke meeting us at the game?" Cam asked nonchalantly, changing the subject.

"Yup." Things were still cold with Luke and I, ever since our minor disagreement a few days ago. He still dropped me home after school but we did not talk much beyond the basic pleasantries. He was upset that I hadn't changed my mind about going to the party. But he wasn't the boss of me, I thought coldly. If he wanted to throw a fit like a toddler, there was nothing I could do about it.

"Did something happen between you two?" Cam asked quietly.

I sighed. "Nothing really. Luke is just acting like a child and I can't deal with it right now."