IV.

i entered the club again, but valkyrie wasn't were i left her.

my heart skipped a beat.

just as i was beginning to panic, she suddenly appeared in front of me.

"there you are!" i said and hugged her tightly "you absolute idiot, you gave me a heart attack!"

she smiled "well, then i have an amazing idea - don't just leave me again."

we finally let go and looked around us. the club was beginning to look pretty empty. as there was just a few people left, the two of us really stood out.

"should we at least try to blend in?" i said grabbing her hand and dragging her to the dance floor before giving her an actual chance to answer.

we've danced like fools for a bit. we have absolutely zero talent combined. none.

we were still dancing and fooling around when i suddenly noticed she didn't look too great.

"what's up?" i was really concerned.
"no, it's nothing. it's just, uh, the lack of fresh air i think, i'm feeling a bit dizzy but-"

"val- violet, do you-"

she interrupted me "no, i'll manage. for you at least." she added jokingly and gave me a weak smile.

the music suddenly stopped and after an abrupt pause heather by conan gray started playing.

i gave her a "weird song choice, right?" look but eventually just decided to hold her closer and tighter.
it was only appropriate, right?

she looked me directly in the eyes and smiled. "you know, um daisy, i really like spending time with you."

i couldn't tell if this was val or violet speaking so i decided to question her further "val, um, do you remember theo's birthday party 3 years back?"

"oh, um, i guess? bits and pieces, i was plastered anyway." she laughed.