V. - flashback.

(recommendam slušanje jigsaw i wish you were sober od conana dok ovo čitaš)

theo's house:

"come on man, it's your 23rd birthday! it's your party, you have to drink more! drink more! drink more!" valkyrie shouted as she spilled an entire bottle of champagne all over herself and others.

"and that's enough champagne for you." i came running and took it away from her.

theo gave me a thankful smile.

she was extremely touchy and cuddly whenever she was drunk, so she immediately wrapped her arms around me.
"y/n! y/n! y/n!!!"

"theo, uh, i think we'll head out" i said gesturing towards valkyrie, who was still clinging onto me tightly.
he didn't really answer because he was kind of in his own world.

"wait, are you seriously drunk-drunk?" i asked him teasingly.

"i'm moderately functional." he answered.

"so that's a yes." i giggled "alrighty then."

i walked towards him and gave him a little peck on the forehead "happy birthday. i love you so much. stay hydrated tomorrow, you're gonna be so wasted." i said while gathering my stuff to leave. "oh and by the way," i whispered "don't drunk call alex. you know what happened last time birthday boy."

valkyrie and i left theo's apartment complex. god, she was completely gone.

"you know y/n, I've always liked theo. thank you for introducing us. he's a cool guy" she said happily.

i giggled "yeah, he's a great person."

"your boyfriend however" she said and gave me disgusted look.

"jonah?" i was confused.

"yeah, total fucking asshole. never liked that guy."

i froze. what? why does she sound so...bitter?
"val, what do you mean? he's the sweetest guy ever. he has been...nothing but loving and supportive to me..." i murmured.

"typical. you just-," she hesitated but continued "you never notice anybody else, just yourself. no matter what i do, how i act, how much i try - nothing, it's all useless. so i don't know, y/n, you tell me what's going on. you're so clueless! oh, and stop acting like you don't understand what the problem is" she blurted out.
she didn't sound sad anymore. no, those were years and years of sadness that finally turned to anger.

"you really don't get it, do you? you're so fucking selfish."
"valkyrie, i'm not going to lie to you, i'm super lost. what's going on? what do you have against jonah? actually, why do you even care!?" i was screaming and running out of air at this point.

"because-"
"because what?? what's going on val??"
"i love you! okay?! i love you. i've always loved you. but... you just don't care. you never did." she said and looked away, tears filling her eyes. for a few seconds i just stood there. unable to do or say anything.

i moved few inches closer and gently lifted up her chin, simultaneously moving away a few strands of hair that were sticking to her face.

"why...why didn't you tell me? we could've talked, we could've done this together." i sighed.

she moved in even closer. now, there was just a couple of inches between our faces.

before i could even say anything, she kissed me. it was magical. her soft lips left me speechless.

soon enough though, i gathered myself as quickly as everything went down. i carefully pushed her away and her eyes immediately dropped to the floor.

"no, val, no, you're just drunk and i have a boyfriend. this is so wrong, on so many levels."

she moved away and i could tell she was hurt. she wasn't paying any attention to what i was saying.

"let me just take you home, okay? we can continue this some other time. you need to rest." i said to her. my head was pounding and my chest was hurting. i was really tired.

and that's exactly what happened that night.

i took her home, tucked her in, made her some of my famous hangover sandwiches for when she wakes up and left.

we never really talked about what happened ever again.