Dumb ways to die

"No." Damon paced in the kitchen.

"Why are you the one who gets to decide?" Caroline crossed her arms. "I say we agree. Then we can finally stop worrying about them."

"Elijah said there were two more. That's three originals none of us have ever met." Stefan leaned against the counter.

"Well. That's not necessarily true. I've technically known Kol for a year. He was the one who told me about Bonnie."

"Why didn't you tell us about him?" Elena asked quietly.

"It's not that I didn't want to. He said that supernaturals would try to kill me if they found out I had a soulmate I hadn't bonded with in real life. The Salvatores were just so obsessed with you, I couldn't take the risk." I itched my wrist.

"You didn't trust us." Stefan looked at me like I was a traitor. "And you believed him."

"Of course I did. All Kol has ever done was help or be there when I needed him. He's good. Also when did we start deciding that vampires we've never met are these horrible monsters. You have no idea who these siblings are."

"They're originals and they killed Jenna, they tried to kill Elena. You're okay with them just moving in?" Damon crossed his arms.

"They'll be my family." They'd made that quite clear.

Bonnie sighed. "Take the deal Damon."

"Why?"

"Do you want them to take Drew?" Jeremy glanced at me. "Because obviously Klaus isn't above it."

"That was a one time deal." I brought my knees up to my chest. "Now I have Elijah to help." I'd say Kol would too but he'd sooner steal me away than leave me here.

"Deal? What deal?" Damon looked between Jeremy and I. "Speak up."

"After Tyler bit you and Drew made the deal to save your life."

"Elena." I groaned.

"He deserves to know." She shrugged.

"I'm sorry, you did what?" Damon stormed over.

"Klaus was there. The option was you die and he takes me or he gives you his blood and I willingly go with him. There wasn't really a choice." He then continually threatened him for the next six months. "Now are you on board or not. I'd prefer to stay in this town and we both know what happens when Klaus throws a temper tantrum." I itched at my bandage.

Was I allergic to the adhesive? It'd been like that since I put it on.

The more I thought about it, the more irritated my skin felt, until I was clenching my jaw against the sting.

"What's wrong Drew?" Jeremy grabbed my arm and before I could pull it back, he'd already pushed the sleeve up. "Who."

"Someone fed on you?!" Caroline hopped off her seat on the counter.

"It's not anything you guys need to worry about." I batted my brother's hand away and peeled back the bandage. It was going to happen anyway.

Though what I didn't expect was black veins to protrude out of the two small puncture wounds.

"The hell is that?" Ric leaned closer. Up until now he'd been stoically listening.

"Don't know. Kol. Stefan, take me to Kol." He- he had to know what this was. Or literally any of the other originals.

"No. Whatever this is, you don't have to go running back to them. We can fix it on our own." Damon moved between Stefan and I.

I stood, ready to argue back but my legs buckled beneath me.

Holy shit, what was that?

There was a pounding knock on the front door. "I know the lot of you are in there. Answer me or I'll burn this house down."

Klaus.

Jeremy was up, offering me a helping hand, which I took. "Get me over there." Out of the corner of my eye I could see the rest of the group hovering anxiously.

He was practically carrying me by the time we managed to get the door open.

"Klaus. What's happening?" I showed him my arm. "It started to burn."

He hesitated. "How do I know this isn't the work of the Bennet witch?"

"Because it wasn't me." She shouted from the kitchen, clearly offended.

"Come out, little mouse. We'll figure this out." Klaus was being uncharacteristically gentle.

Damon appeared. "Which means you know diddly squat. Get off the Gilbert porch."

"Whatever's happening to Drew is also happening to Kol. She dies so does he. I advise you hand her over."

"Hey. It's okay. He's not going to hurt me but he will follow through on threats." I reached for Klaus' hand. Jeremy helped move me forward enough that he could grab me.

"Are we really trusting Drew with Klaus, again?" Damon moved bodily between us.

"We don't know what's going on either." Stefan stopped Elena from going forward. "Look at her, she's barely conscious."

"Let me go Damon."

And he did.