The good stuff

A light knock on my door pulled me from my once peaceful sleep. The sun was well in the sky by now, but was mostly blocked out by my curtains.

"Drew? I'm back, can I come in?"

"Yeah Jer."

He glanced over his shoulder as he slipped into my room. "Damon said this was the good stuff, not that I can fact check him but it'll help you heal, right?"

"I think vervain takes twenty four hours to drain out of my system, but there was a lot of it, so I can't be certain." I reluctantly sat up, leaving the comfortable warmth of my blanket cocoon. "I do know that blood makes vampires stronger so I think it's a safe bet."

Jeremy opened his backpack and dumped packs of blood from the Salvatore stash onto my bed.

Apparently 'the good stuff' to Damon was O negative.

"There's something else..." He shifted on his feet as I began drinking from the blood bags. It was still one of the most vile things I'd ever had, but it was actually making me feel a little better.

"What?"

"Don't get mad at me."

"I make no promises."

"Okay." Jeremy sat on the edge of my bed. "I know you said no Mikaelsons, but Klaus scares me."

"He scares everyone Jer." I deadpanned. "That's his whole schtick."

"Right but he's no where near as scary as Elijah. When you disappeared the first people they interrogated was us. They thought we were hiding you away."

"And Kol?"

"He's not back yet, at least, as far as I know."

Okay, okay. Maybe he just didn't hear? That could mean anything. "What about Klaus?" I had a horrible feeling about this.

"Elena and our friends made a deal, it was before you were taken."

"I knew that."

His brow furrowed. "We'll come back to that, but they think it'd be better if you went and lived with the Mikaelsons. This battle between us isn't going to accomplish anything and it's gonna get people killed."

"Jer, you realize that the moment the Mikaelsons think there's nothing holding me here, they're gonna leave, and they're going to take me with them." Klaus had already demonstrated his willingness to steal me away.

"We know, Damon said the council wants them gone and if we don't do it, they're gonna hunt down Caroline and Tyler, anyone who's a known supernatural."

"You're trading me for them." I realized. "That's what this is." I'd forgotten I was rather low on the totem pole. "What happened to sticking together?"

"It's what's best for everyone."

My head spun. It made sense though, weed out the member of the group that was keeping a dangerous family of vampires in town. "They're not gonna let me out of their sight, you know. Not after this. Klaus isn't gonna trust his hybrids anymore." I closed my eyes.

Wait.

Shit.

"One of his hybrids did this?!"

"No, no. You can't tell him. You can't tell anyone." It was less out of loyalty to Amy and more out of how raw my wounds still were. I did not need a repeat and the woman from the woods made it very clear she could get to me no matter where I went. "Jeremy, swear on mom's grave."

He did just that. "You're gonna try to keep this from him aren't you."

"Let me worry about them. First things first." I'd drank as much blood as I could stand. "I need to get better."

"How many times does this make?"

"Five." Something in my chest loosened at the topic change.

"Five?! I feel like it's been more."

"I'm not counting the times I've been kidnapped by the originals, most of the time it was because they thought I was in danger. But I will count the sacrifice kidnapping because that one sucked, that time with Kathrine, the wolf kidnapping with Care, then this one and the one where I met Elijah."

Damn. It felt like that was so long ago.

"You'd think now that you're a vampire, it'd stop happening."

"Hey! Newly turned vampire, and in my defense, I have no idea how to use my abilities."

"We'll have plenty of time to explore that." Elijah's sudden voice made me jump. "Hello, dear sister." He smiled at me.

"Took you longer than I expected."

"Yes, well. Finn advised us to wait. He said the state of your injuries required some recovery."

"So that was Finn. Cool cool." At least he was who he said and my trust hadn't been misplaced. That would've been a whole other lecture.

"Whatever it is that you're intending to keep from Niklaus, don't. You won't like the results." Elijah leaned against my doorframe casually, as if he were talking about the weather.

"Yes, yes, I know all about Klaus' ire." I handed Jeremy the empty blood bags, as much as I wanted to get up on my still healing limbs, I'd rather stay in my cocoon. I pulled my blanket around me, trying to soak up the last of the warmth.

I had a nasty feeling that I wasn't going to be in this bed for a long while.

"You would do well to remember it. Especially if it has something to do with one of his precious hybrids."

Great. He heard. "How much do you know."

"You'll have to be more specific, dear sister." His eyes twinkled and it set me on edge. If he knew, he was going to tell Klaus and he'd lose his shit.

And a vengeful Klaus is something I'd like to avoid. "Elijah, you know how murderous your brother can get."

"I'm aware, what I don't understand is why you're protecting this hybrid."

"I'm not protecting them." I'm scared of who comes after her. "Just leave it be, please. Let me handle it."

"No."

I groaned. "Why?"

"You've shown that you couldn't 'handle' things on your own in the past."

"Fine. We're at a stalemate. I've still got enough vervain in my system that you can't compel me and you don't know which hybrid did this."

"I'm certain I'll be able to figure it out. Now come, dear sister, it's time to go home."