Finn

Two weeks.

The woman tortured me for two fucking weeks.

That's how long it took for me to agree. Anything to stop the near constant doses of vervain. 

I didn't want to find out how much it would take to kill me.

My wounds were healing slower than I'd ever seen on any of my vampire friends. With my luck, they'd scar too.

The woman and Amy finally did release me, only I was drugged halfway to hell, my hands still bound, and it was dark out.

I had to be in the forest outside of Mystic Falls but apparently I was really fucking far because I'd already been walking hours and I had an itching feeling that the sun would rise before I could find shelter.

"Klaus! Elijah!" Could they hear me? Did anyone notice I was missing? With everything that'd been happening, I didn't think they would. Should I call for the Salvatores or Caroline? Would that hurt Ric's chances? Hell, I'd even take Tyler.

The one I really wanted was Kol.

Had he come back from his spree? Did he even know I was gone? Would he care?

There was the oddest jerking sensation in my gut and it made me nearly double over.

Holy shit.

I fell to my knees as it worsened. My head felt like it'd been stuffed with cotton, and I could barely register that I was screaming, it only added insult to injury that my throat burned, already shredded by earlier shouts of pain.

Hands shaking, I dug my fingers into the dirt, willing the torture to end.

Hadn't I had enough?

Then it was gone.

I laid my head on the forest floor, audibly gasping when the lingering tendrils of whatever that was stung my gut.

Was this the woman's doing? Had she attached some sort of spell to me? Was it triggered by thinking of Kol?

I froze, waiting for the feeling to return.

But it didn't.

That answers that question.

"Are you Drew?" A timid voice broke through my thoughts and I jolted upward, scrambling away from the stranger. He held up his hands in surrender before crouching on the ground, the torch he was carrying briefly grazed the floor. "I'm not going to hurt you, my mother always taught me how precious soulmates were, even the unbonded."

Fantastic.

Whoever this guy was, he was supernatural. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He smiled. "It's alright, I'm Kol's oldest brother. My name is Finn, though this is not the way I thought I'd be meeting you, I'm glad I could find you. Gave us all quite the scare."

Did I trust him?

Elijah did say there was another brother and Klaus mentioned it too. "How do I know you're one of them?" Damn my throat hurt. Why couldn't I get to enjoy my vampire powers, why'd I have to get kidnapped?

"Perhaps it would make you feel better if I called Kol."

"No." I blurted. "I'd really rather go to my house." Jeremy was bound to be there and I knew that I was probably gonna get interrogated, which I also knew I'd likely spill my guts to the originals if I went to them.

Klaus was gonna be pissed when he inevitably found out.

"As you wish. Would you like some assistance getting back into town?" If he was actually Finn, he was more like Elijah than the rest of his siblings. Which also meant he was one to watch out for.

Kol and Klaus, they were predictable, it was easy to guess how they'd react to any given situation, but Elijah? It was scary how good he was at hiding how he felt.

And as little as I trusted this mystery man, I did need help and there wasn't anyone else around, unless of course I wanted to go back to my captors.

"Yes. I just need you to make sure I don't collapse." The stupid vervain was still in my system. I didn't need to bleed out and die- again, though I didn't remember how it happened the first time.

"Of course." He nodded.

Finn thankfully kept his distance as he lead me out of the forest.

Damn, we'd been deep.

By the time we made it to town, the sun was already starting to crest. I had maybe a half hour before that infernal star killed me.

Finn ditched the torch as soon as the sky lightened up enough, apparently he was smarter than I gave him credit for.

"You should know that once my siblings learn of your arrival, they'll want to see you." He broke the long standing silence.

"I know. I just- I need a minute to recover before I get thrown back into the drama." It didn't hurt that Elijah and Kol were the only ones invited in.

Though I still don't know how Kol managed to secure that.

"Can I ask what happened?"

"No." The less he knew the better and until I could gauge how threatening he was to myself and my loved ones, I didn't trust him. "It's been a long two weeks and I really just want to let the vervain leave my system so I can heal."

Wait. Would the Salvatores be better? Deal or not, they always had blood bags. That would aid in my healing process, wouldn't it?

I still didn't know how shaky the truce was, had it gotten any better or was it worse?

Stupid Amy, Stupid unnamed woman.

My kidnapping had prevented me from monitoring the situation between my friends and my future in-laws.

Soon enough, we made it to my porch and I damn near collapsed in relief.

This was home. This was safe.

Before I went inside, I turned to Finn. "Thank you for not taking me to them."

He nodded and then he was gone.