Of A Thousand Words

It was quiet on the roadside, they'd not heard a car or animal in the past couple of hours

It was quiet on the roadside, they'd not heard a car or animal in the past couple of hours. Eddie poked his head around the driver's seat looking out the windows. "I think it clear." He called, "wait...wait." Eddie said quickly, Myrtle leaned over to allow him to crawl past her, headed for the back doors. If she hadn't been frightened she might have laughed.

Opening one of the doors carefully Eddie took a glance around, everything seemed clear. His heart beat fast in his chest and he didn't want to go outside.

"hey," Myrtle called, discarding the worn blanket she rested a hand on Eddie's shoulder. "we can check together. two to three, it's better odds than three to one right?" she said. Looking up at her Eddie grimaced, "no offense, but you're hardly in any shape to take on....whatever those 'dogs' actually are." He stated calmly. 

Eddie pushed open the door a little more and stuck his head out, Myrtle watched him carefully, "but you're scared. I might be in rough shape but even a battered two is better than being on your own." She pushed. Myrtle opened the second door and offered Eddie a reassuring smile before sliding her legs out of the van. "Come on," She said quietly, walking ahead of him. "just, hold on a moment!" Eddie called, reaching into the van he grabbed the Floor Jack before hopping out of the van. 

Eddie kicked the doors shut "we aren't going anywhere without something heavy." said rushing to Myrtle's side. "I'm not crazy, we aren't checking the whole woods just around your Van." Myrtle said quietly. Eddie leaned over a bit, "or you know we can just get back in the van and leave, like now." he whispered.

Myrtle leaned this way and that peering through the trees, Eddie following slightly behind her while she circled about the van, observing the area. "If those things are still close and we ride off we might lead them to people." Myrtle reasoned.

"they never tried ot bite me, but I doubt they were chasing me for the hell of it." she said. Glancing at Eddie a frown formed on her face. "there was...a bigger one." she admitted.

Eddie's shoulder sank, folding his arms across his chest uneasily, "l-like how big?" he asked voice cracking.  Myrtle sized Eddie up with her eyes while walking up to him. Standing on the tips of her toes she rose her hand as high above his head as she could.

"no. we're out of here - yes we are." Eddie called, grasping Myrtle's hand he started to lead her back to the Van. "there's no way a dog is taller than a person." He ranted on the way. 

"well...I don't think this one was exactly a dog..." said Myrtle, she side glanced as Eddie urged her to climb in through the driver's door, "granted I didn't stay around long enough to find out." she murmured allowing herself to be herded into the van.

"I would be more concerned if you had." said Eddie, he waited for Myrtle to settle into the passenger's seat before hopping in himself and closing the door. "we've got to go tell someone." Eddie said driving them up the road. "who's going to believe us if we say we were attacked by monster dogs?" Myrtle asked.