The First Food Fight

"If the campaigns gonna run clear through the night next time be sure to check in-"

Wayne's words were cut short as he looked down at the two stunned faces. Myrtle looked horrified as she peered up at Eddie's uncle. Her view upside down as she tilted her head back. Eddie chuckled from where he lingered above her.

With a shake of his head, Wayne sighed "Jesus, Eddie," and though he frowned he was amused.

"Yeah, I forgot the wristband on the door." Eddie lulled. "But I swear it's just sucking face."

"Eddie!" Myrtle gasped, mortified. "H-hello Mr.Munson." she stammered, lightly pushing Eddie away from her so that she might sit up. Myrtle straightened out her clothing and tried her best not to look as ruffled as she had been. Eddie however sat on his knees, content with his ruffled hair and wrinkled shirt.

"Well this makes sense now, don't it?" Wayne teased, and he pointed over his shoulder out of the bedroom door. "Brought you back a burrito and a beer from the mini-mart. " He announced. "I'm off to bed," with that Wayne walked out of the room.

"Thanks, Uncle Wayne, and uh sorry about that," Eddie called before the door closed.

With a groan, Myrtle fell over to the side, sinking into the soft mattress. "Kill me now," she muttered.

Eddie laughed, "Honestly? He's walked in on much worse. Don't sweat it." he hummed. In response, he got another groan from her. Still, Eddie could hardly keep the grin off his face, a bright smile popping up no matter how hard he tried. With a silent sigh, he let himself plop down beside Myrtle.

"I bet that's a first," Eddie said.

Turning to face him Myrtle raised a brow, "What? Being walked in on?" she asked.

Eddie laughed softly, "No, even if it totally is for you." He teased. A callused finger tapped the tip of Myrtle's nose, "I meant spending," Eddie checked his watch, "What was that? Three hours, making out?" He chuckled.

"Three hours!" Myrtle gasped.

"Mmhm," Eddie gave a nod of his head, "and that's not counting the, what, 15-minute break before the second session." He sang.

Myrtle squinted and while she tried to play as if she was unamused, her face failed her with a smile. "You're proud of yourself," she said.

"Um, a little. Though, mostly because I'm not a puddle right now." Eddie muttered, his eyes shied away briefly.

Myrtle sat up, staring at the slightly torn Overkill poster across the room. Eddie frowned, "you're going to tell me you have to back to them now, right?" He asked her. Eddie could feel all her reasons why before Myrtle could even speak them.

"I'm really not shitting you when I say Uncle Wayne is fine with you staying the night here," Eddie said carefully.

Myrtle sucked in her lips, "I know." she said. Clasping her hands together she tilted her head back, watching the ceiling. "But I need to go run damage control. Make sure Dad is not....being hot-headed. And apparently...I get his old car now so..." Myrtle lulled.