Totaled

Myrtle rested slumped down in her car while Max spent time in the Arcade fast asleep until a faint burning sensation tingled at the back of her neck

Myrtle rested slumped down in her car while Max spent time in the Arcade fast asleep until a faint burning sensation tingled at the back of her neck. With a groan, she sat up and rubbed the back of her neck, but felt nothing and brushed it off. She glanced down at her watch "7:30" she murmured. Opening her car door and stepping out Myrtle stretched her arms into the sky but has her fingers spread a sharp stinging pain radiating across her palm a feeling not unlike lemon juice to the eye.

Looking down at her hand Myrtle grimaced, again nothing seemed to be wrong. "maybe it has something to do with touching the silk of the egg sack without gloves?" Myrtle thought to herself while heading for the Arcade door.  Wandering the rows of chimes and neon flashes, Myrtle searched for Max finding her at Spy Hunter, "Hey! I just took back that score come on, Maaaax." Myrtle said. Max shrugged, "Yeah well, I already took the high scores of everything else, this was the only one left." She hummed, "Gotta stay on your game, Turtle." Max added.

Myrtle sighed but smiled, "yeah whatever, anyhow, It's Seven thirty let's go so we can get something to eat first. too late for fast food so I was thinking we stop by Juju's Diner." Myrtle said. Max's eyes stayed focused on the game, "let me just finish this," Max said mashing buttons. Myrtle nodded and leaned against one of the other machines, watching her current high score steadily get knocked to the ground.

"annnnd, done!" Max cheered with pride as she finished logging her Gamer Tag into the high scoreboard.  MADMAX was now listed above and below 5P1D3R. "Your gamer tag should be turtle by the way." Max said teasingly as she left the machine. "Spider is lame and you can't really tell what it says," she added. Myrtle laughed, "you're just feeling mean today, what's got you in a good mood?" She asked Max.

The girl instantly beamed, "Billy got in trouble twice today at school and kind of roughed up. I bet he deserved it." Max snickered. Myrtle side glanced, "ah yeah, pretty sure he did." Myrtle murmured. Max arched a brow as she got into Myrtle's car, "wait, do you know who did it?" Max asked with a grin. Myrtle heaved another sigh and carefully backed the car out of the parking space, "You know that friend of mine who I said looks like he's permanently sulking?" Myrtle asked. Max chuckled "No way! that little guy!" She gasped.

"Oh, I am SO going to rub this in Billy's face." Max sang.

After stopping by the diner to eat Myrtle took Max home walking her to the door as she talked excitedly with Myrtle about the movie Terminator that was due to hit theatres next month. "But there's no way anyone is going to let me go see it." Max sulked afterward. "I can send a friend to see it beforehand, tell me just how "R" it is, and if it's not too bad...." Myrtle lulled. Max's eyes brightened, "No way, we can go see the movie?" She asked. "shhh," Myrtle giggled, "only if it's not too bad." she said. Max rolled her eyes, "fine, I'll take it." she said with a grin opening the door. "Back Mom!" Max called into the house.

Myrtle stayed close to the front door a to-go bag in her hands, Billy exited the kitchen with a soda in hand, looking at Myrtle he scowled. She noticed a slight cut on his cheek and had to fight a smirk. "You can come take this bag, some of it's yours anyway." Myrtle called. Billy scowled, "Why're you including me? You're Max's sitter, not mine." He snapped dryly.