Chapter 1

"Hey Frank!" I answer my phone as I hammer in a nail.

"I have another job for you." Frank says reluctantly.

"Really? Thank you so much!" I squeal putting the hammer down.

I don't usually get jobs from Frank, my uncle, because he thinks I am too weak to do most jobs. Which he is right. I am not really strong, in fact I am probably as strong as a seven year old girl. The only reason I have a job for him is because he is family. He feels bad for me since I can't get a job anywhere else and I have to pay my way for university.

"Leo. Calm down a little." He says awkwardly and I do as told, "his name is Xander Greg and he lives at 897 Seaside Avenue. You will be constructing his terrace and creating a balcony off of his bedroom. He is expecting you for Monday to do a walk through and begin construction at the latest on Thursday. Got it Leo?" Frank asks.

"Yes sir. I will put it in my calendar." I say as I play with a nail on the beautiful, pale, fresh wood.

"Leon I have told you this many of times. Call me Uncle or Frank." Frank says and I giggle whiles he just sighs.

"I will talk with you later Leo." Frank says and I mumble a goodbye before hanging up the phone.

My very first project! I'm always assigned to help other men in Frank's company. I wonder why he has me working this one.

I rest back on my palms soaking up the warmth of the sun before I pick up my hammer and nail and continue nailing in a fixture.

****

My shift ends and I'm soaked in my own sweat. I peal off the white shirt I was wearing and shudder a little as it comes off of my skin. I make my way down the road and walk towards my flat. Making a couple rights and a few lefts until I have made it to my raggedy, shaggedy apartment. Not that I mind though. It's really cute and comfortable.

I open my door but my bicycle blocks my entry. I push and pull the door until it has wiggled open enough for me to pull the bike out of the way before stepping through the threshold of my flat. I put my bag - which holds all of my work equipment - down on the coffee table before walking the short distance from my living room to the small kitchen set up in the corner of my small flat.

I open the small, white fridge to the left of my stove, up against the wall and it squeaks open. I take out a container of prepared food that my mother made me this past weekend.

Turning towards my microwave with the container in my hands, I hear a hum coming from outside of the apartment complex. I put my dinner in and nuke it for four minutes.

In the meantime, I go to my window and crank it open to see what is up with the ruckus. A few people are blaring their favorite tunes from their very expensive Audi R8 and my mouth drops in awe before I notice another man:

He standing off to the side as they drift around in the parking lot with his arms crossed over his chest. I can feel his dominance and authority from all the way up here. He turns and looks up at me. Even in the dimly lit parking lot I can still identify his strong facial qualities. From his cheek bones to his sharp jaw line. A shiver runs down my spine at how he just stares up at me with his thick eyebrows perfectly groomed and furrowed.

The microwave pulls me out of my trance and I blush before quickly shutting the window. I make my way to the kitchen and grab a rag before opening the microwave. I take out my dinner and put it on the counter before opening the lid to let the steam come racing out.

I grab some utensils and walk to my couch; putting the container on the side table and remove the pillows from the couch to pull out the bed within the couch. I go to my closet behind the couch and strip my clothes, putting them in the laundry basket nearby. I grab clean boxers and a baggy shirt to wear to bed before grabbing my pillow and plopping myself down on my bed.

When the heat has calmed down from my dinner, I take my first bite and hum at the taste of my mothers cooking.

And that is how I usually spend my evenings. Alone, eating my mothers left overs or a sandwich before bed.

*****

My old alarm clock yells in my ear and I groan as the sun from out my small window greets my squinting eyes. I look over at the alarm clock and see that it is 5:30am.

Ugh... I hate having to wake up so early.

Reluctantly I get out of bed and slide my feet across the floor to the closet where I get out a new white t-shirt, boxers, and some jeans. I make my way to the bathroom which was not to far away and turn the shower on.

There is a full length mirror on one side of the bathroom and I look into it. I stand so I can see how far my stomach sticks out. Yes I am a little self conscious. I mean I am already so short I don't want to be short and fat can you blame me?

Striping my old boxers. I put the clothes to the side before stepping into the tub part of the shower and letting the warm water sooth my tired body.

When I have washed my hair and body I shut the shower off and reach past the curtain. I feel around for my towel, grabbing it to dry myself off. I shake my hair out after getting out of the shower and put on the clothes I brought with me to the bathroom.

When I am done I put on my socks and work boots before grabbing my gear. Last day of work before the weekend.

Thank you to not only God but Jesus too.

****
Short A/N:
So this is my first story I hope you enjoyed the first chapter ! Let me know what you thought ?

Photo of Leo up above :)

Xoxo