Chapter 4

"Leo!" James calls from the porch of Xander's Mansion and I wave giddily.

"Hi James! Ready to get this deck started!" I say hopping off my bike and placing it in the same spot as yesterday.

"So what's this man like? His house looks incredible from the outside, I'm excited to go in." James exclaims as he looks at the incredibly large Moroccan wooden double doors.

"He's .... quite something for lack of better words." I mumble thinking about our interactions yesterday. I have to shake off the evading thoughts as I want to try to remain professional, especially in front of James.

"Hmph." James knocks on the door and shortly after it open.

"Hello sirs." A man dressed in a suite nods at us.

"Hey, we are here to work on the deck." I smile, "my name is Leo by the way."

"My name is Martin. I believe I spoke with you through the intercom yesterday." He looks at me and I give him a nod of my head as he continues "Come on to the back."

The Martin gestures for us to follow and we go with him to the kitchen where two glass doors lead to the back yard. "You may make your way back here when you get here. No need to knock."

"Sounds good!" James responds, "I'm James." He shakes hands with Martin.

James and I discuss the plan for the deck and I begin to instruct him with where I would like the perimeters to come out to. The excitement in my voice is evident as this is the first time I get to tell someone how I'd like something done for a job site. When the perimeter is all set out we begin to discuss where we will put all the posts for the decks base. I know I want enough in the area where the hot tub and gazebo will be so the deck will be able to hold the weight of both.

We get to working on the base of the deck when the glass doors slide open. I look up to see the dark, strong features of Xander Greg and I hold back my smile that wants to appear. He says nothing at first as he scans the perimeter we set up and the 'X's I have sprayed onto the dirt for all the posts to be placed. He stops scanning when his eyes fall on James and then he speaks, "Who is this?"

One of his eyebrows raises and James responds, "I am James, I will be helping Leo construct your new deck."

He gives and nod of understanding then looks at me. His gaze bores into mine and I can't help but stare back at his beautiful face. "Leo, I will be back at 4pm today. I have a lot of office work to do so if you are going to make a lot of noise later than you will have to stop construction until tomorrow."

There would be a lot of noise if you took me to your office.

My face reddens at what I just thought and I scold myself. I immediately look away from the man in the doorway and to James who is working on the posts without me.

He clears his throat and my gaze returns to him. "I will see you at 4pm." He speaks before closing the door and leaving us to do our business.

"This is a pretty sweet gig. We get off work early!" James cheers and I laugh.

"Not always but I suppose today if we are screwing in the side of the deck we will be." I nod and the smile never leaves James face as we work on.

*-*-*-*

4 o'clock comes around quickly and James is already packing up. I roll my eyes at his eagerness. "Why are you in such a rush to go?"

"It's my anniversary with Andrea, this gives me some extra time to prepare for our evening." He explains.

Andrea and James are honestly couple goals. Even how they met was the most romantic, and very princess-like, thing ever! She dropped her bracelet and he picked it up for her. At that moment they were close to the horse and carriages and so James invited her on a 'magic' carriage ride. (Like Jazmine and Aladdin) they road the carriage and he had it drop her at her apartment complex where he said good bye to her. They met each other again the next day and that's when they exchanged numbers. They have been with each other since and are both fondly in love with each other. They have been together for 14 years and married 10 year of those years.