Chapter 15

Tw: Parent loss

Jonah's mom had been sick in the hospital for weeks. He had seen her a couple times since she had a high risk of dying. Jonah was driving home from work when he got a call. He answered the call while keeping his eyes on the road still.
Jonah: Hello?
Richard: Hey, son
Jonah: Hey d-dad. What's up?
Richard: Uhm. Son your mother passed away a few hours ago. I'm so sorry.
Jonah: Oh.
Richard: I'll email you about her funeral details.
Richard hung up
It was typical of Jonah's father to not try to comfort him about his feelings at all. He wasent a very emotional guy.
Jonah didint want to tell Amy because he knew it would stress her out. He would tell her after her big meeting with zephra that she's been stressed out about all week.
Jonah tried to not cry once he got home.
Jonah: Hey, Ames.
Amy was on another zephra call. She had a lot of them recently
Amy: Oh H-hi Jonah. Sorry I've just been really busy. Ok bye Kylie. So how was work?
Amy hung up from the meeting.
Jonah: Uhm it was good
Amy: Good. You look a bit tense, is everything ok?
Jonah: Y-yeah everything's cool. I'm cool as a cucumber.
Amy: Uhm ok. I'm just gonna order pizza.
Amy grabbed her phone and ordered some pizza.
Amy: It's odd that your home so early. Weren't you gonna see your mom today?
Jonah: Uhm a-about that. She passed already.
Amy: Jonah i-im so sorry.
Amy pulled Jonah in for a hug
Jonah: My dad gave zero fucks about it, as usual.
Amy: Are you going to the funeral?
Jonah: Probably.
Amy: Did you want Parker and Carter to come.
Jonah: You sure they aren't a little too young for that.
Amy: I mean I went to my first funeral as a baby, so.
Jonah: I guess then. Do they even own anything black? I mean Carter's wardrobe basically consists of Pink and green.
Amy: Yeah, see. Look a black tee shirt- oh wait that has a skull on it. Baby emo phase.
Jonah slightly chuckled.
Jonah: we can go get them suits tomorrow.
Amy nodded.

*2 weeks later*
Jonah was having trouble coping with the loss of his mother. Amy of course tried to help but it was hard. Parker could barely understand that Grandma was dead. It's hard to explain death to a 5 year old. Especially a 3 year old.
Jonah eventually went to therapy to talk about his mother's death and it helped a bit after a few months.

Short chapter, sorry!
Thoughts on it so far? I'm looking for feedback