13

A/n: HEY BITCHES. I'm Back! Kinda.

Y/n's POV

The next morning was a hectic one, Jim had woken up late and was rushing, and Jane couldn't find any eggos.
Suddenly the phone started ringing.

"Shit," Jim muttered under his breath. a piece of toast in one hand and the phone in the other, he answered with a muffled, "Hello."

He chatted back and forth for about a minute, before finally hanging up.

"What was that about?" I asked, taking a bite of my avocado toast.

"Will forgot his lunch money, and Joyce asked me too bring it to him," he groaned, grabbing his hat.

"I'll bring it to him," I said, Jim looked at me confused, "your already late, and I know how to get to the school, it will be fine."

"Be careful, " he said sighing, I could tell he didn't like this.

I gave him a thumbs up and made my way to Jane's bedroom, I picked out a pair of high wasted Jean shorts and a white t-shirt. I saw a watch on her dresser and quickly clipped it around my wrist.

I ran towards the door, slipping on Jane's red converse.
I made my way to Will's house, I couldn't deny that I was excited to see Will, I mean after what happened yesterday he was all I could think about.

I must've lost myself in my thoughts 'cause when I looked up from my dirty conberse, I saw the house in all its vintage glory.
I would be lying if I said it wasn't a bit of a mess, but I thought it was quite cute.
I made my way up the steps and knocked on the door, shortly after a shorter woman answered, she was only a few inches taller than me.

"You must be y/n," Joyce said smiling, "Hopper called and said you were coming,"

"hi," I said shifting on my feet awkwardly.

"Come in, I'll get the money," she said, she was a very sweet woman considering all she's gone through.

"Quaint but Cute," I mumbled to my self looking around the house.

"You know Will talks about you a lot," she said laughing lightly, "here is $20, will only needs ten you keep the rest ok sweetheart ," she said, smiling genuinely and tucking hair behind my ear.
She reminded me so much of my mother it almost brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes I forget what it's like to have a mother.

"thank you," I said quietly.

"Your welcome," she said, "anyways I should get going and so should you,"

I scurried out the door and yelled a quick 'bye' , before making my way to the school, I check my watch to see there is still half an hour until Will's lunch. I looked to my left to see The Star Court mall.
I looked down at the money in my hand, before making my way towards the mall.

When inside I saw a ice cream place, a sign read:
'one ice cream cone only $0.90!'
I walked up to the cashier,

"One chocolate ice cream cone please," I said politely, sliding a $5 bill across the counter. He quickly rang me up giving me back my change.
Shortly after paying he handed me my ice cream. I turned around and noticed a line had formed behind me.

I pushed through the line, and started to walk around.
I saw a bright purple store called Claire's walked in.
I looked through the many shelves filled with stuffed animals, headbands and jewelry. It was all kind of tacky.

I came across a two necklace set, they each had half of a broken Heart, one said Best, and the other said friends. It was coloured completely gold and had a magnet that connected the two half's.
I pulled it off the rack and walked up to the cashier. I put the necklace on the counter.

"that'll be $7.99," said a rather obnoxious women chewing gum like a cow.
I past the money to her, slightly cringing at the sight of her hot pink nails.

"Thank you," I said taking the necklace and walking out of the store.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 11:40, shit.
I was ten minutes late, I quickly left the mall.

Even though I ran to the school to still took me another 7 minutes to get there.

I opened the doors to the school and looked around in awe. It had been awhile since I had been inside a school.
I walked around for a bit looking for the cafeteria, and once I found it all I could hear were chatting children happily eating there lunch.

I looked across the cafeteria and saw a familiar bowl cut. I made my across the room head down so no one would notice me, but as I approached the table I heard part of their conversation, I stopped in my tracks.

"Wait so Y/n was abused by her dad?" I heard Lucas say.

"Yeah, but you have to act like you don't know, I promised her I wouldn't tell you guys," Will said.

I walked up to the table, slapping the money down.

"A promise that you broke," I said, holding the tears back, but as soon as I looked away they started to pour down my face. I started to run out of the lunch room.

"Y/n, wait!"

---

Sorry for not updating for almost three months.

Oops...

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for any spelling mistakes I got a new phone for Christmas.

Love you, Bitches.