016

Your POV

Will, Jane and I had made a fire pit, by taking a ton of sticks putting them in a pile and surrounding it with rocks.
It was very easy, but that didn't stop us from looking at our work with pride.

To be honest I thought Will looked quite attractive, lifting heaving rocks and doing other 'manly' shit.
I stared at him taking in every feature, the way his hazel eyes shined more towards the green side in the sunlight, or how he kept pushing his hair back only for it to fall back down and on his forehead.
He must've felt my staring, because he looked directly at me and slightly smiled before going back to work.

"I think we're ready," Will said breaking me from my train of thought.

"So how do I do this?" I asked Jane, looking to her for help.

"Channel your anger," she said clearly, as if recalling it from memory.

"Okay," I said hesitantly, I put my hand out in front of me and closed my eyes.

"Y/n! You useless bitch!" My 'dad' yelled his feet stomping up the stairs. What could it be this time?

"Yes," I replied awaiting an answer, instead I was greeted with a door slamming open, making me flinch.

"Where is dinner!?" He asked still yelling at me. My father wasn't what most people would call attractive but he wasn't bad, he had dark brown hair and even darker eyes, he wouldn't be considered fat nor skinny.

"I had to do homework," I spoke barely above a whisper.

"What was that!?"

"I had to do homework," I said a little louder.

"You think your homework is more important than your chores?!"

"No.. I-"

"No excuses! You know what happens when you disobey me!"

"No dad pleas-

My thoughts were once again cut short as I felt a pair of arms rap around me.

"You did it!" I heard Will say. I slowly opened my eyes to see a fire in the small pit we had built just a minute ago.

"I did it!" I exclaimed copying his words. I rubbed the blood off my nose with my wrist, which was slightly pointless because it ended up just smearing all over my face.

"That was so cool!" Will stated with a wide smile on his face. I softly smiled back.

The warm air circulating around the campfire was nice compared to the cool fall air. Being near the fire had made me realize how cold I really was and I slightly shivered crossing my arms.

"You cold?" Will ask looking at me with concern, I shook my head not wanting him to get obsessive over one little thing. Obviously my plain failed, as he took off his hoodie and past it to me. I rolled my eyes pulling the hoodie over my white T-shirt, smiling lightly at the smell.

Cinnamon and lavender.

A scent that sounded weird but smelt amazing, and the said smell always surrounded Will, I loved it.

We both sat down on the grass in front of the fire, our legs crossed, with our knees lightly touching. I leaned my head on his shoulder and slowly drifted to sleep.