020

WARNING FINAL CHAPTER.

Your POV

October 29th, 1985

"Please don't do this!" Will yelled. My heart was breaking at the sight of his tear stained cheeks.

"I have to I'm sorry!" I said back, putting my hands on each of his cheeks, wiping the tears of his face. My own tears started to fall now, "Will I'm gonna be fine," I reassured the unstable boy, "I have to finish what I've started."

"What happens if I never see you again, if you do this you could... you could die!" He yelled in my face. I let out a choked sob.

"Will Byers, I love you so much, but I need to destroy this part of my life,"

"I love you too, Y/n L/n,"

1 hour earlier

We were all sitting around the coffee table. Sitting there with unanswered questions floating across our minds.

"What if she created it," I heard Mike's voice say from beside Jane.

"What?" Jim asked confused about the boys sudden outburst.

"N/n what if she created the upside down,"

"Mike, I think your delusional," I said in a joking manner, but deep down I was quite concerned for the boy.

"No I'm not. Think about it, somehow you knew Barbara was trying to get out, and so you opened the portal," he said his eyes wide with realization.

"Mike I don't thin-"

"Wait hear him out," Jim said staring intently at Mike. I fidgeted nervously with my hands. What the hell was he going on about!?

"You got trapped in the upside down when you were 9, right?"

"Yeah it was my birthday, why?" I answered.

"Think about it. El hadn't opened the portal yet, maybe you are able to open portals at will," he said eyes wide.

"Why would I open the portal to an alternate dimension, that I don't want to go to?" I asked.

"Because you were coming home late from choir practice, weren't you? You didn't want to see what his reaction when you got home?" Mike asked knowingly. I hesitantly nodded, "You escaped to a place you created."

"What? Okay this is getting crazy! How in the holy fuck would I have created another dimension!" I exclaimed.

"Language." Jim muttered. I glared at him.

"Maybe you created it so you wouldn't feel the pain of losing your mom," Will suggested quietly.

"Tell me this, where are these ideas coming from?!" I said, I was genuinely
scared of Mike in this moment. He had pulled these ideas out of his ass, and now even Will was starting to believe it.

"If I'm being honest with you I've been thinking about it for awhile," Will stated awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"You what?!"

"I'm sorry... it's just... think about it! You rarely get sad, you always get angry! Maybe your powers got out of control so you created a place to store your sadness so you wouldn't have to feel it!" Will exclaimed.

"This is insane," I muttered.

"Maybe it isn't," A older girl who seemed to resemble Mike spoke up.

"And who are you?" I asked glaring at the girl.

"I'm Nancy, Mike's older sister," she introduced, "We technically don't know the extent of your powers,"

"But, we do know you can create fire!" Max piped up, "We found out last year that fire kills the things in the Upside Down!"