harry's gf || od || p2

ty for 300 reads :)

requested

--------------------------------------------------

no one pov:

there was a steady beeping in the white room. the girl on the bed was covered in wires and tubes that were keeping her alive. there were five boys in total, each spread across the room as the night poured around them. whilst four of them slept, one didn't at all. he stayed awake each night, never moving from the girl's side. no matter how long her eyes stayed closed, he would wait patiently for them to open. never touching her, never talking to her, just waiting.

the others would try to convince him to get up.

"haz c'mon, go get something to eat. we'll stay with her."

"yeh mate, there's no use in you passing out as well."

but he loved her too much. maybe, if he hadn't left her alone, she would be okay. maybe, if he had noticed, none of this would be happening. but therein lies the issue: he did notice. he noticed well before she did. she needed help, but he wouldn't give it to her. she would beg for him to not tell anyone, so he didn't. every time he saw her crumble infront of his eyes, she would ask him to hold her. tell him that she was fine, that she would never leave him like that.

they both made promises they couldn't keep.

watching as her chest moves up and down with each shallow breath, he notices a disruption to the steady pattern he has followed for days. furrowing his brow, he looks up to her face, watching intently as her eyelashes start to flutter.

"y/n?" he whispers, standing up from the cold plastic chair. "y/n can you hear me?"

she shift uncomfortably towards his voice and the monitors around her start to pick up pace. the blonde boy blinks awake at the sound.

"harry? what's going on?"

"I don't know ni, just push the button. the silver one."

the girl cries, weakly feeling at her side for her harry.

"she's looking for you haz, hold her hand."

looking terrified, he hesitates before brushing his thumb over her knuckles. he visibly relaxes at her touch, his face falling soft.

"talk to her or something."

"what why?"

"I dunno h, but it seems to help so...!"

harry pov:

"y/n, can you open your eyes for me please?"

she coughs hard, trying to pull away from the mask over her face. she shakes her head to try and get it off.

"it's okay love, it's okay"

the nickname came so naturally and I cursed at myself. however, she didn't seem to mind. her breathing calmed and her eyes blinked open.

"hiya," I whisper, admiring the gaze I have been longing to see for days. "you feelin okay?"

I smile softly at her, sitting back down on the chair and rubbing her knuckles. she shuffles again, trying to push off the mask with her shoulder.

"it's helping you breathe darling, we're gonna leave it there for a bit longer."

I can see the other boys start to wake up from the corner of my eye, and I look up to a nurse who is pushing some things in y/n's IV.

she tries to move towards me, but it's like her body isn't listening. scrunching up her eyes, tears start to fall into her hairline.

"it's alright y/n, you're okay."

I don't really know what to do. her grasp on my hand is about as strong as she can manage right now, even then it looks like it's difficult.

another voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"harry?"

"uhm, yeh?"

"none of us know what you to fought about alright? but right now you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and hold your girlfriend. she needs you haz, even if you're an arsehole. she's scared."

he's right. she is scared.

I stand up from the chair and lean over the bed. y/n looks up at me through her filling waterlines and sniffles. I brush some hair behind her ear and kiss her head. she looks up at me again, this time with a small smile.

"-m sorry"

"don't be sorry love, it's my fault. get some rest, huh?"

she nods gratefully, turning her head to me again and letting her eyes flutter closed. as the exhaustion takes over I sit back down, resting my head on the bed and starting to feel the same way.

a.n.

won't lie... ran out of motivation halfway through (AGAIN)

pls request