zayn's gf || ambulance

In the back of the ambulance, y/n squeezes my hand with all the strength that she can muster. an unsteady beeping pattern echoed in my ears as her heart-rate flashes up on the screen. her eyelashes flutter closed and I rub the back of her palm as a paramedic puts a breathing mask over her face. a tear falls into her hairline and she whimpers, trying to roll over to me.

"no darling, it's okay. i'm right here love, you're okay." she whines and the monitor starts to pick up rhythm. the man tells me to try and calm her down and he wraps a bands around her upper arm. "she doesn't like the noise, and the band is tight, and the mask on her face-" my voice starts shaking. "i'm sorry, but this is an emergency situation and all of these factors are to ensure our understanding of her condition. with the sirens, we can make it to the hospital in about five minutes." y/n struggles to pull away from the paramedic as he puts small white patches on her chest. she flinches with every touch and tries to move closer to me. I stand over her and blow softly on her face. one hand in hers and the other brushing hairs out of her eyes. she looks up at me between tears and lets out of muffled cry. "I know baby, I know. but I'm right here. you're okay"

the machine starts to regain a steady pace as she forces herself to look into my eyes. I don't break eye contact with her and keep tracing her hairline. she cries quietly and begs me to let her go home. "i'm so sorry baby, we have to go to the hospital first." she whines and scrunches up her eyes. "I know you don't like it y/n/n, but we have to make sure you're okay. I'm coming with you baby, it's okay." her breath slows and she stiffens under me, her eyes glazing over.

"Babe," I whisper, trying to catch her attention. "look at me darling..."

she exhales and her eyes roll to the back of her head. she falls unconscious and she sinks into the pillow.

"No no no, y/n? Stay with me babe, please!" I look desperately to the paramedic as he pushed the doors open, kicking down a steep ramp and unlocking the wheels on the bed. "c'mon darling..."