Sad Adrien

Alix is beating Kim to the ground with a waffle maker she pulled out of her bag. It's just a normal day at school.

"SAY IT!" Alix screams. Kim covers his face.

"OKAY OKAY! I'm sorry I called your cat fat." He says, out of pure fear.

"And?" She holds the waffle iron above her head.

"And ugly. I'm sorry I called it ugly too." He curls up into a little ball

hoping to avoid Alix's wrath. She loved her cats and god help anyone who insulted them.

"WRONG! YOU SAID KITTY IS A DUMB NAME FOR A CAT!" She continues to whack him.

"IT IS THOUGH! IT'S LIKE NAMING A KID KID!" The teacher walks into the Lunchroom.

"Alix, Kim go sit down." They get up reluctantly.

"I hate this school," Alix mutters under her breath.

Adrien turns around and raises an eyebrow at Nino who was winking at him, "Welcome to the public school system, Adrien".

Adrien chuckles and looks down at his soggy sandwich. His sandwich was sticky and slimy, it looked like someone just barfed it up and ate it again 13 times. Every touch and bite he took felt like it was a cold ice cube that was at the back of the fridge for too long just sliding down his throat.

"What's wrong man? Don't like your sandwich?" Asked Nino.

Adrien shakes his head, "No... the sandwich is fine. Just... a lot on my mind, you know?"

Nino puts down his blue cap and rubs his neck, "Yeah, I know what you mean... Ever since Marinet- I mean-".

"It's okay", Adrien interrupted, "You can say her name", he smiles gently.

Nino nods and takes a deep breath, "Yeah so... ever since Marinette disappeared... just hasn't been the same between me and Alya... Alya has been so wrapped up in her disappearance she hasn't been at school or even outside her home for months... the only times I get to see her is during facetime", Nino shakes his head, "Gosh, I sound so selfish when I-".

Adrien reaches for Nino's hand, "No, you don't sound selfish, you're just worried about your girlfriend. I kno- I know what it's like to watch someone push away their whole life to work... just give her time... losing someone... it can take a toll on you.."

Nino nods and sighs, "It just sucks dude. Not only is Marinette gone. So is Ladybug, which means Alya has to worry about two people missing".

Corners of Adriens' mouth began to go downwards and his eyebrows lowered and pulled closer. A lump in his throat appears, it could be his sandwich coming back up or his realization that two important people who were close to him have disappeared. Marinette, his very good friend, in fact, was one of the first friends he made when he started going to school. Ladybug, the love of his life, the light in his dark clouds. Both missing. Adrien's eyes glinted with sadness, "Nino...".

"Yes?"

Adrien stands up, "I promise you. I will find them."

"Find who?" Nino questioned.

"Marinette. I will find her. And Ladybug too. I will do what it takes to do so", Adrien makes a fist.

Nino was taken back; he has never seen Adrien like this before, " Oh um... thanks bro". He smiles and fist bumps Adrien.

RING

"Well that's the bell... I gotta use the washroom but I will see you in class, yea?".

Adrien nods, "yeah, I will see you there".

Adrien watches Nino walk away. "He might have not believed in me..." Adrien thought, "But I will find Marinette and Ladybug. I will do it for Nino and Alya. I will do it for Marinette's parents. I will do it for Paris".

Adrien watches as his classmates slowly leave their unwashed lunch trays and walk to class. He made sure no one else was in the room. He hides underneath the lunch table, out of sight of anyone.

"Plagg Claws Out!", he yells. A tranquil light flashes over Adrien's body and a black suit appears on his body.