The hallway

Chat Noir slides through the open window. He jumps onto the cold wooden hallway of the school. The school was oddly silent. But it was the 5th period so not a lot of people were around. Chat Noir crept around. He could've sworn that he heard Chloe's blood-curdling scream.

Chat Noir continues to look around the school until he crosses his own classroom. His heart sank, he had never missed a day of school before. If his father found out he would never forgive Adrien.

He looks through the transparent window into his classroom and sees his classmates. There was Ivan deeply staring into the chalkboard and Nino, who sat at the front of the classroom, doing the same. Chat Noir smiles, "They must be learning the history of Paris's cheese", he thought, "Plagg would've loved this". Adrien looks at the back of the classroom to see Alix and Kim doing the same facial expression as Nino and Ivan. He looks back at the front to find Ms.Bustier doing the same as the rest of his classmates. Their eyes were swollen and dry, mouths were dripping down to the chin, and they were all sloughing down.

Chat Noir raises an eyebrow. It was almost like they were in a trance. A high-pitched scream catches him off as he was studying his classmates' eyes. Chat Noir tail jumps. "Chloe!", he yelled. He rushes down the stairs, almost doing a backflip, his legs crossing over each other but quickly he catches himself before falling over.

He charges into the locker room. "Chloe? Where are you?".

There was a cold silence.

"Chloe?", he said again. But no response. Chat Noir storms into every locker, opening and closing them over and over. But no Chloe.

Chat Noir sighs and sits down on the bench. "If I can't find Chloe... then I can't find Ladybug". He rests his arm on his chin. He wonders what his life would be like if his Mother was still around. Would he be Chat Noir? Would his father still love him? Would he have met Ladybug? All these thoughts overwhelmed him. He slid his leg at the back of the bench, resting his leg on to his other leg; behind his knee, he felt something poking at him.

Chat Noir jumps mid-air, "What the heck was that?". He turns and bends down to find a body.

A disfigured body with blonde hair ripped into shreds, only leaving a few pieces behind. Their skin looked like how a sponge would look when water was sucked out of them and their arms were rolled up, they looked like a mummy. Chat Noir covers his mouth, and he looks at the body, unable to move.

At the side of their neck, there were two cleanly cut bite marks. Chat Noir looks up into their eyes. "Those eyes...", he thought, "They look so familiar...". Chat Noir stood and pressed against the wall. He shuffles his feet unsure of what to do next.

He closes his eyes and wonders what to do. "Should I call the cops? Should I run? Should I cry?", Chat Noir slams his head against the wall, "What would Ladybug do?".

While he was thinking, a gust of wind flowed around him. Chat Noir quickly turns to find an empty room. There were a bunch of dirty gym clothes and broken locks thrown onto the floor. The smell of sweat lingered in his nose, "I'll call the cops...".

He walks towards the open door. As he was about to exit a gust of wind shut the door. Chat Noir flings back. He looks at his surroundings and summons out his stick in a steady position, ready to launch forward at anyone about to attack him.

"Chat Noir...", a whisper behind him says.

He quickly spins around to find nothing... "Who are you? Show your face!", he yelled.

"Now...Now... is this how you treat your lady?"

"Lady?", Chat Noir questioned, "I already have a lady in my life and you're definitely not it! Now show your face! Who. are. You."

Giggles started to surround Chat Noir, in every direction he faced, a laughter of mockery was on his face. Chat Noir squeezed onto his stick tightly and clenched his jaw, "Stop it! Stop messing with me".

"Alright, alright... I can tell you're angry. I'll come out", They said peacefully.

From the shadows, a small figure with Blue hair and eyes appears.

Chat Noir's eyes widen and stumble back, "M-Marinette?".