Chapter 2: Meeting in the Great Hall

1st POV (Nico)

The next day, we had a meeting in the Great Hall. Almost everyone was there, the only ones missing were the kids, Hiccup and the others his age. It was just another meeting about the dragon's nest. Stoick is obsessed with finding and destroying it.

Right now again, he was holding a speech how we need to do exacly that. I never went along on the search, mostly because I had my hands full with Hiccup. Not that I wanted to go. The problem is, the other Vikings didn't want to go either. That is, until Stoick said: "Anyone who doesn't come along, helps Nico take care of Hiccup." Suddenly, almost every hand shot up and everyone started yelling. That was the meeting.

After everyone left, only dad, Stoick and me stayed behind. "What should I do with him?" Stoick was almost desperate. Understandable, it can be difficult, dealing with his son.

"You should let him join the training." That was my dad's suggestion. "He will be eaten before the training even starts!" Well, he wasn't completly wrong, there was a high possibility, that this could happen. "Well, why don't we just ask my son? I don't thing there is anyone, who knows Hiccup better than him." Oh no, dad, why would you drag me into this?

Stoick turned to me, staring, expecting an answer. I sighed, knowing I couldn't get out of this. "Honestly, I think you should let him do it. He won't die, I will be there and dad, too. So that's not a problem. Also, you can't avoid it forever. Hiccup needs to learn how to fight and defend himself. Or he will soon be a snack for some Nadder or something. Plus, he could find some friends. He really needs some."

Stoick sighed. "I know you are right. Maybe it really is time for him to learn. But you better watch out for my son. When I'm back, I want him to be there in one piece." "Don't worry, he will be alright. Now go and tell him the good news." With that, dad ushered him out.

"He will be so happy to hear that." Dad is really happy for Hiccup. Can't blame him, we are pretty much a family by now. I'm happy for him, too. Now, I only have to make sure, he doesn't die. Can't be that difficult.