Chapter 17: Reunion

1st POV (Nico)

Something crazy happened today. I was expecting a calm day on Changewing Island, not going after dragon hunters and relax with Atlas instead.

We were just on our way to the water. Just as I could see it, I also saw something else. The riders of Berk. I wouldn't even be surprised if my heart stopped for a moment. While I stopped and froze up, Atlas wasn't really happy to see them. We never like strangers on our Island.

"It's okay, Atlas, I know them. Come on, let's hide and observe them for now." Hurriedly, we walked behind some rocks that were lying around and looked over them. The riders were still in their hiding spot and looked like they were whispering among each other.

It looks like they were waiting for something. Considering they are here, it must be a Changewing. But what could they want with one? They must be on one of their little missions.

I haven't seen them in years. All of them were older now. I wonder if they are smarter now, too. Though, the only ones that needed to get smarter were the twins and Snotlout, but they didn't really have a chance.

Now that I see them in front of me, I don't know what to feel. It was my choice to not go back, but I can feel now that I did miss them. I can't become weak now, I will not go back, I have a new family now.

Feeling my inner conflict, Atlas let out a quiet purring sound and cuddled his head into my side. I put my arm around his neck. I'm glad I have him with me. It's crazy how much these dragons understand you, when you've lived with them for a while.

While Atlas and I were having our moment, the riders got what they were waiting for. A Changewing came to the water to drink. They wanted to catch it, but Tuffnut jumped in the way. What an Idiot.

As the Changewing tried to flee, it was tied to a tree by a rope around his neck. I'm surprised, maybe the twins did get smarter. But the Changewing spit his acid on the rope and landed on the ground again. I knew him very well. Normally, he was quite nice, but if you get on his nerves he will give you the beating you deserve.

When I saw that he was about to attack, I jumped out of my hiding spot and ran between them. Of course, I had my hood up just like with the dragon hunters. I don't need them knowing who I am.

"Calm down, I will take care of this." I said as I put my hands up to calm him. I was family with all the dragons of this Island, so he trusted me. But since he was a petty brat, he still spit some acid on Snotlouts helmet before flying away. Well, he probably deserved it anyways. I'm sure as hell not mad about it.

When I turned around, I saw the dragon riders surprised faces. I wonder if they found other people that ride dragons or if I'm the first other person. Before they could say anything, I said:" Go and never come back. We don't like strangers."

After that I turned myself invisible and ran back to Atlas, even though I could hear Hiccup yell "wait". He had come a bit closer to make sure everything was okay. We were now in ear shot. So I turned myself visible again and listened to their conversation.

"Uhm, did someone else just see a random guy turn invisible?" -Ruffnut

"Yes, we did. That was incredible. We need to find him and talk to him." -Fishlegs

"How about we DON'T?! Why would we just go after a strange guy in red?!" – Snotlout

"I hate to agree with Snotlout, but we have more important things to do right now. But we will come back and talk to him." -Hiccup

With that they flew away. Since I was curios, Atlas and I followed them at a save distance, but still being able to hear them. Through their conversation I learned that Stormfly was kidnapped by the dragon hunters. So they already knew each other.

They also talked about me. Most of them were curios. Who wouldn't be? But the twins had some crazy theories about how I'm a stalker and maybe listing to them right now and Snotloud joined them. I was right, they didn't get any smarter. Though, I was pretty much stalking them right now.

After a while, we came to an Island that they were calling Dragons Edge. This must be their headquarters. Before we flew away, something caught my attention. Hiccup was holding something in his hand, calling it the dragon eye. So that was the thing Viggo is looking for. Let's hope he won't find it. After that we made our way home.

I didn't think I would see them again so soon, but I was wrong. The next day, Atlas and I were flying around the open see. Maybe we could find some dragon hunters and we did. Surprisingly, they were already under attack.

Snotlout and Hiccup were attacking them and had Toothless and Hookfang in some kind of armor. Probably because of the dragon root arrows. Before i could thing about it, I was already helping them and attacking them, too.

"What a pleasant surprise, the King of Changewings has joined the fight, too. Wonderful seeing you king." I heard Ryker yelling that, making sure everyone heard it. How annoying. I really hated both Ryker and Viggo, but Ryker was the worse of them. The way he called me king, was like he way making fun of me. At least Viggo had respect for my mind and skill, calling me ,my king' as a rival.

As we were fighting, Astrid, Fishlegs and the twins came out from inside the ship with their respective dragons. When everyone was out, we flew away, no need to further fight them right now.

I was trying to get away from the dragons riders, but Hiccup was already next to mee and trying to make a conversation with the others. I'm glad I'm always wearing my hood outside of Changewing Island.

"Excuse me, you are the one from Changewing Island, right?" -Fishlegs. I didn't say anything.

"How can you turn invisible? Have you been watching us?" -Tuffnut. Again nothing.

"I heard Ryker call you the King of Changewings. Can I ask why?" -Hiccup. I sighed.

"All the dragon hunters call me that because I live with the Changewings on our Island. I am one of them, so I can turn invisible, too. How I do that is none of your business. Everything else is none of your business too." -Me

"I can understand that you don't trust us, but we have the same enemy. Mabye we can fight them together. By the way, should we also just call you king or do you have a name?" -Hiccup

"We can fight together, when we are there at the same time. Otherwise don't include me in your little missions. Just call me king, everyone seems to like that." –Me

"Can you at least tell us about them? I saw Dagur and Heather on that ship, too." -Astrid. I sighed again.

"Yes, they joined them some time ago. Okay, I will tell you about them, but don't expect much else from me." -Me. They nodded and I saw Hiccup smile.

"You remind me of someone. We are still searching for him, but you are a lot like him. Though, he doesn't really get along with dragons." -Hiccup

"Hiccup, Nico is dead. There is no reason to keep looking for him." -Astrid. She wanted to comfort him, but I could also hear the sadness in her voice. The others got quiet, too.

"He isn't dead. He wouldn't just die that easily. Sorry, you don't know what we are talking about. Must be weird. Nico was pretty much my brother, but then an accident happened and he fell into the sea. I know he isn't dead." -Hiccup. I'm slowly starting to get nervous.

"Let's talk about this some other time. Maybe I will come around some time. I already know where your Headquarters are. See you." With that I flew away from them towards Changewing Island. Though, I could hear the twins and Snotlout yell about how they were right and that I am a stalker.

When I was a good distance away from them, I took a deep breath. Hiccup thinks I'm still alive and the others think I'm dead. I don't know wether that is a good or bad thing. He also called me his brother.

"That was my other brother. He is still looking for me." Atlas just grumbled, guess he wasn't so enthusiastic about having another brother. I laughed a bit.

"Don't worry, you are still my brother, too. We will stay together forever. I have lived with dragons for years now and it will stay like that." Now he was in a better mood and started doing some stunts.

Well, now I'm stuck with the riders. Let's see for how long I can hide my real self from them.