Chapter 8: Finding the dragons nest

1st POV (Nico)

The same day we started the search. The atmosphere was awful. Everyone thought we were going without a plan and sailing into our certain death. To be honest, I didn't have a good feeling, either. At some point dad went up to Stoick and I went with him.

"You know, some of our men, not me obviously, but some of our men are wondering what our plan is or wether we even have a plan.""Find the dragons nest and destroy it." Stoick answered, obviously in a bad mood.

I'm not really empathatic, but even I could understand this. His only son just went against everything he knew. He was always stubborn and this was just too much for him. But I'm sure they will find back to each other when this is over and we are all still alive. Even if I have to lead the way for them.

"You knew about that dragon, didn't you?" Stoick suddenly asked me, ripping me from my thoughts. I looked at him surprised, thinking about wether I should tell him the truth or not. I decided to do it, he would find out anyway.

"Yeah, you are right, I knew." -me

"Why didn't you stop him?" -Stoick. He tried to sound neutral, but I heard his anger.

"Because I trust him to make his own decisions. I saw the bond he has with that dragon. If we survive this, you should really think this over." -me

"We have been hunting and killing dragons for hundreds of years. How can that change so suddenly?" -Stoick

"Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. You should give it a chance, it could change our whole life for the better. Hiccup could change it. Also, Hiccup is different too and he isn't that bad, is he?" That got Stoick to chuckle.

Suddenly, Toothless acted weirdly. He moved his head to different direction until he settled on one. That's the direction we went. Slowly the world around us got misty. So bad we could only see what was directly in front of us. We started to see old ships on top of high stones and other things. That is until we stranded on an island.

It didn't look like much. A big beach and a big stone. Nothing out of the ordinary. But we all knew that this was it. This was the dragons nest.